Looking back one year today
This morning thinking about the (now deleted) post yesterday, I thought I would go back to the post I wrote this time last year to see how I was doing. Phew - that made me sit up right and really think about how petty it seems for me to be worrying about how I'm coping. Here is that post (sorry not sure how to condense down the link??) http://annesbattletogoal.blogspot.com/2006/07/sad-news.html
One year since our newphe's young wife passed away. Have been unable to contact our nephew as he has moved to the South Island, but I have sent him a text message. Also one year since Rachel our daughter discovered she has arthritis, Rachel's had to give up her job after the arthritis diagnosis, (call centre and key board work made it flare up really severely). Once she gave up work it settled but by then we were having warmer weather, unfortunately it has flared up quite bad again, the weather really doesn't help. She never complains but I can see she is in pain and her fingers are quite swollen. I really do worry as this is my baby, a 33 year old one but still far too young to be going through this! A mention to in that entry to Emily and Jonny on their loss, the happy news is not long and they will have a little baby in their home.
Weight - food and exercise well I will continue doing what I'm doing, trying my best but most important to me is to really appreciate life and all that's going on around me. Life is far too short to be stressing over a couple of not so good days. I've made some huge changes in my life, I'm maintaining. I've even started to accept that this is me! This is the weight I'm probably going to be and that's not a bad thing, yes I could lose more, one day I might give it another shot but right now I'm just doing the best I can.
Busy morning and day - so far
Have had Devin here this morning and taken him to school.
Office work and more office work - I'm going to be totally organised by the time we go on holiday!! Will love the feeling knowing all is organised and up to date (yep I'm a Virgo)
Trained one of our friends who also helps us out from time to time on the completing jobs on the website (he's helping when we are away.)
Sprayed the oven, done a couple of loads of washing
Of to aqua in 20 minutes
Then meeting a friend for lunch after aqua
Helping at WW tonight... and then what ever else I manage to fit in.
Washed piles of summer clothes yesterday to sort out what I'm taking on holiday. Eight sleeps!! I sound like a little kid on the countdown to Christmas.... Good to have something to look forward to.
Didn't get to aqua - the phone hasn't stopped ringing, instead I took Toby our beautiful retriever out for a walk, or rather he took me! Of to lunch....
2 comments:
Woo hoo, keep busy and before you know it you will flying off on holiday... *BIG SIGH*... sooooo cold here.
Your post today pointed out issues that I've had to deal with. In that, I was getting myself down about trivial stuff (I'm talking begining of this year). They were things that were central of my life right then but in the big picture (I mean life/death big picture) they didn't matter.
Joining ambulance really made me see this. I'd leave home stressed about finding money to pay a bill and I mean 'beside myself stressed'. And on my first ambo job would pick up someone who only had 6mths to live being transported to hospital for palative care, yet he was happy, chirpy and satisfied with life. Hello?? Wake up Lyn!!!
You are right ... life is too short to worry!!!
Post a Comment