Yesterday was the strangest day
Diary-X - well if you read between the lines the likelihood of the on line journals being retrieved seems pretty doubtful! No back ups done since Dec 2004??
My journal wasn't an amazing one - but it was mine! My story of a year of battling with plateauing weight, of daily highs and struggles, a record of my exercise, stories of our daily life and little bits about our grandsons - all gone!! I feel gutted - I always thought I would make the change over to a blog (one day) but I was always going to print out my story (one day) looks a little late for that. This is a real fresh start!!
Yesterday was the strangest day - first of all Diary-x, then also the website we use for our business went down (and still is!) this means the jobs are physically done but paperwork not completed - it's piling up here. I hate that! Yesterday was also the day my daughter was going to fill in for a couple of hours and learn how we operate, it was also the start of a new week where I usually aim for 2-3 hours exercise, gym and then lunch aqua and back again at night (I only attempt this on Mondays) but I've still got a sore throat and just don't feel like getting into exercise, so:
no daughter helping
no paperwork done
no exercise and
no diary!!
Then our city had a fire at the local power substation and most of the central city was without power, we are in the country so weren't affected here. I picked up Devin our grandson from school and told him there was a powercut at his mummy's work, he thought MM could go and fix it (he's an electrician). Devin was so worried he asked if there would no computer when he got home, wouldn't they be able to cook dinner? no lights, no TV!! His mind was ticking over madly but then their house wasn't affected! I dropped Devin of to his Dad and then went to the supermarket - it was weird, only a little lighting going, almost in darkness, all the freezers covered up, the place was almost empty. They were running on an emergency generator which was about to run out. Driving home was hit and miss as no street lights! Anne home early on a Monday night is unheard of as I'm at the pool and then race in about 7.30pm to get dinner. Strange day!
I may have to give in and go to the doctors, my voice is just not there in the mornings, seems to come right a bit as the day moves on, but my throat is still sore. I'm missing aqua so much!! I'm going for a walk this afternoon just to keep moving, I feel that I'm coughing a bit much to aim for the gym. I'm also finding that I'm not that hungry! Maybe the exercise does increase your appetite as I really don't have much of one at the moment. I weighed in this morning and the scales were back up to 70.4! Over the past two weeks I've tried really hard sticking to 20 points most of that time. I know that once I mentioned in my old diary that if you are younger it just seems a bit easier to lose weight - so don't leave it too late!
Quite like blogspot - but noticed that today for some reason that there are no gaps between the paragraphs??? I've put them there. I can see the gaps between the paragraphs but when I go back they've gone??
Have a great day:)
7 comments:
Hope your throat is better soon.
So sorry to hear you may have lost your journal! How terrible!
Welcome to blogspot. I am sure you will like it once you get used to it.
Hope you are feeling better real soon... and by reading your entry today has made me realise that I too will have lost all my diary-x entries from when I used it - bugger bugger bugger! And I never got around to taking a back-up of them!
Ann I have found you! Havent got around to reading what has happened but will catch up tomorrow night. The message that is coming up on your previous blog sounds absolutely dire! Take care....
Julie
Hope your throat is better too - ouch! Sounds like a drama filled few days, argh - and that REALLY sucks about Diary-x, they will lose so many 'customers'. Grrrr!
you are so cool!, take care of you and get better real soon! I'm off to take a backup of my old journal :D
Thanks for leaving a comment - off to the land of the long white cloud tomorrow - watch this space. Will have a proper read of your blog when I get back.
Cheers
Zanna
Hooray, I found you! That's just so shitty about losing your old journal!
Post a Comment