Attitude
It’s getting better – in more ways than one! First of all there is an improvement in my ankle, and I’ve been cleared to start back slowly with exercise, so have had a short walk and been back in the pool and going back to aqua again today. Pleased to say my head is in a better place too as I’ve got back into my routine again and planning what I’m going to be eating – and even the water drinking has got a lot better this week. My first session back at aqua was hard, I was careful but found it physically challenging. I felt like I’d never done it before!! I came home and crashed that night. Has made me realise that it doesn’t take long for a body to get used to being inactive. So a way to go yet but I’m getting there. The physio has been great, given me lots of exercises to strengthen the ankle and I’m making sure I do them! One of them is just standing on one leg – then shut your eyes – try it!!
Attitude – some people just have it! Devin our grandson who is five was going in his first school cross country race the other day. Unlike his older (half) brother he is not a natural athlete, in fact his first race he was right at the back of the field. So he knew it would happen again, he was telling us very seriously that he wasn’t a race, he just had to try hard to finish. The day of the run -he asked his mother
“Can you take my photo when I cross the finish line – it doesn’t matter if all the other kids are ahead of me” – I loved it. At the start line all the kids were lined up, Devin was grinning, talking to a friend, scratching his head, they all took off (except Devin) oops he thought I better go so he ambled along behind them grinning away. Everyone else was way ahead then he spotted his Mum and Dad – big grin and he headed over to their direction instead of the finish line. The parents in the crowd started cheering and yelling at him to run for the finish line – so of he went, fast (and he could actually run when he tried) he crossed the finish line still grinning and the photo was taken. And my daughter filled me in – no he didn’t get last!! The other kid fell over! LOL. But he loved it, he was proud he finished it and I kind of love his attitude. Lesson I learnt here - Maybe we shouldn't worry too much about other are succeeded at, only what we are trying to succeed. Most of all be proud of what we have achieved and last of enjoy it along the way!
We have a bit going on this weekend – tonight we are going to try a Japanese restaurant for a meal – tomorrow night have a birthday party (a friend’s husband) Help!!! Does anyone have any suggestions what to buy a 50 year old when you really have no idea what he likes?? Sunday one of our daughters is moving in temp accommodation until their house is finished getting built. So we will help with the move, has worked out well as their selling date was before completion date and her friend has a rental property empty for a couple of weeks.
Not long until Kate has her baby! It’s also great to see Karen’s pregnancy ticker – ticking away!
Have a great weekend.
No comments:
Post a Comment