Ready to get stuck in again!
I'm still here!! Even though not doing the exercise I normally do finding spare time to update just hasn’t happened this week. We had a really busy month so I’ve been busy with the office work, then on Friday we headed over to the beach for the weekend. Have not long arrived back and had to spend a couple of hours in the office so thought I would quickly update.
That title - how many times have I said something along those lines this year!!! My ankle is still quite sore but getting better slowly. I’ve really missed exercise and how good it makes me feel. I've been frustrated and a bit angry at myself for being injured. I look at people walking and feel envious. I have to admit that my head got these negative thoughts going, and I got to the stage thinking I couldn’t exercise, so …. why bother tracking and drinking water!! Stupid, I know that I should be extra careful because of the lack of exercise and watch what I’m doing but I just couldn’t get my thoughts to agree!
I know I’ve been feeling a bit negative due to the fact I was going so well by being in control, and then hit yet another stumbling block, but I started using that as an excuse to forget tracking, pick at food I should not be having and just generally mucking about! I know what I’ve been doing and glad to say today’s food was pretty much back on track. I don’t go overboard with eating but I know I can’t get away with anything so even just a couple of not so good days and the scales shift – upwards!
I had another visit to the physio on Friday and got a different one this time who now says it is my ankle and not my lower leg, and that I have damaged the ligaments. What ever it is, it’s taking it’s time to get better!! I made it to the gym last week and got through some of the program and when speaking to the instructor half way through she told me about some equipment where you get the cardio by cycling with the arms – so will try that this week. The physio has given me a lot of exercises to strengthen the ankle and I’ve made sure I have kept at them as I want it to get better quickly. The middle of this week I’ve got the ok to go back to aqua!!! Only every other day but it will be a start and I can also start again using my legs at the gym and see how I go. I know it’s because of the lack of exercise but now my back is seizing up, which used to be quite common for me but I’ve found aqua eases up on the pack pain I used to get.
I’m feeling good that the week ahead looks like I will get some exercise in, my thoughts are getting back into positive mode and I have just got back from the supermarket with piles of fresh veges, fruit etc so I’m ready to get stuck in again!!!!
The weekend at the beach was a bit wild, windy and wet, so we lit the fire, got out books and just blobbed. The few dry spells we got I couldn’t even attempt a walk so this was a real lazy weekend. We went to the pub for dinner on Saturday night as it was MM’s birthday – but the restaurant was full so we opted for a bar snack instead and I’m pleased to say I still had a bit of control and ordered a burger with no chips, was really yum with piles of salad goodies so not too bad a choice.
Our daughters and families have just popped in to catch up with MM for his birthday. They both wanted to come to the beach but both of them are moving this month, one daughter in two weeks time so they were packing.
Better go and get dinner started – catch you later.
3 comments:
Glad there is improvement even if it is slower than you would like. You will soon be back in full swing so try to be patient, easier to say I know.
Stay positive and patient and you will be back exercising in no time at all!
A nice relaxing quiet weekend whilst it was wet and wild sounds great :)
Have a good week
Aweome to hear that your body is healing..... Be safe :)
Post a Comment