Friday, July 14

Friday

Last we heard (last night) our nephew's wife is much the same. I don't like phoning in case it disturbs her and have been texting our sister in law but her cell phone is on the blink and although she can receive text messages she can't reply. Planning on visiting when we get back Sunday. We've decided to head over to the beach tomorrow. Not really beach weather but the plans are to sit inside with the fire going (and I have a book to read) and it will be a change of scenery. MM is hoping to get the lawns mown but it's not looking too hopeful.

I'm also worried about our daughter at the moment, she had blood tests today for arthritis which is a real concern. For the past two weeks her fingers on one hand are very inflammed. As her job involves a lot of data entry, she has been off work for several days. The doctor sent her off for blood tests this morning and she is back on anti inflammatories. She is also worried as with a family and also a new house she does need her job. Fingers crossed it's nothing too serious. She said she is going to try not to worry until she knows what is causing the pain and then deal with it then. We also have a brilliant doctor so I know she is getting the best care.

Even though my posts have been a bit gloomy at times - there are lots of good things happening as well. Tonight we are off to a 40th birthday so will be good to have a celebration:) We are having a year of milestone birthdays, so far a 60th, a 50th and now tonight and today we got another invite to another 60th. During the week I phoned our grandson to take him out somewhere as it's school holidays - his request was "how about we go to the coffee shop?" so we did, my daughter came along as well. Loved seeing his eyes light up when his fluffy and muffin was served, he acted so grown up and full of importance. Daughter and I had paninis with chicken, spinach and mushrooms and they were just beautiful. The cafe we went to is part of a shopping complex which displays furniture, linen, garden bits and pieces and all quite exclusive (and bloody pricey). Daughter eyed up a lamp and I looked at the price tag - $650!!! Then she quickly said to Devin, keep your hands at your side and don't touch anything!! Then I saw some cushions sort of beachy colours and thought they would go well at the beach house - they were $250.00 each!! Would be scared to use them! Once again we both reminded Devin hands at your sides! We didn't linger around there too long....

Our leader at WW told all of us to set a mini goal for the week - I thought hard and then made up my mind. Mine is to get back to the gym - so that is the plan for Monday. Also I can't quite believe how constant my weight is - it crept up to 71.4 after Christmas and that is what I weighed in at this morning!! This is up a couple of kilos than my lightest weight (our scales are lighter than the WW ones). I do know why I'm stuck, in the post the other day I wrote I average around 20-22 points a day. It's meant to be 18-20 on the new plan now (depending on how much exercise I do). Also I'm just doing aqua, this was because of my ankle which is now better - but I still haven't got off my butt to the gym. I know with a bit of effort I could start losing a little bit of weight but also it doesn't just seem that important. The day will come when I will get in the right frame of mind and really work at it again but in the meantime I'm pleased the scales have stuck at 71.4! (somedays up a little and others down but then they seem to settle at 71.4 again) I also find that this is the hardest time of the year to try and reduce points - no excuses but my stomach is grumbling away around 10.00 even after a really good breakfast. So I've accepted I'm stuck at this weight (for now) but it will happen meanwhile I'm intending to head back of to the gym on Monday. What is it about me and the gym - I do enjoy it once I'm there, feel great afterwards but have to really push myself into it.

Amongst all this rain and dreary weather I heard a little promise of what's to come - a new lamb in the neighbours paddock:)

Don't you hate it when you write a post and can't think what to call it. Friday - how original.

Have a good weekend.

1 comment:

Zanna said...

I'm sitting here nodding my head as I read your post - I want to lose these last few kilos - but I just can't seem to get up the necessary oomph! Each week I think about it and even blog about it but I don't end up doing much. Think it might just be the time of year - and as you say one day I'll get all fired up and make things happen.