Mixed emotions
Once again thanks you all for your caring and support. While the past few days have been ones of mixed emotions, and although really feeling very sad for the immediate family, this young woman is so incredibly brave and accepting that I can’t help but admire her so much. All we can do now is offer support in anyway we can. MM spoke to his nephew last night on the phone and we are calling in later today to see them. Our nephew is a big gentle giant type of guy, who always loves to give people a cuddle. Our daughter and him were good drinking buddies when they were younger, and I know she is feeling so much for him as well.
I mentioned the mixed emotions – the other emotion I’m tackling the past few days is anger, which isn’t really like me. Anger at one young dodgy tenant we have in our rental property. She gave notice three weeks ago and by doing that she has also thought this could mean stopping rent payments. Many unanswered phone calls (caller ID) so I tried her from my cell phone – success. How many excuses can you have for unpaid rent? She could write a book on it!! She really thinks we were born yesterday. Can’t evict someone either when they are moving out. So I drove down with the rental summary, she got a shock to see me at the door. Promises to have the back rent paid via the internet that day, next day – surprise no rent and the unanswered phone – again! Also there is a orange stain on the newish lounge carpet. I spoke to a carpet cleaner firm they thought it would have to be an insurance job, so I phoned the insurance company and they managed to make contact with the tenant, who in turned phoned me back to tell me she wasn’t impressed at me putting the insurance company onto her. I hadn’t simply tried to make a claim. But I grabbed the opportunity while she was on the phone to ask when we would get the rent, she replied we could take it out of her bond. No I told her the bond is there in case of damage, we want the rent, also made an appointment to meet for an inspection today, so we are meeting her at 4.00pm today and she promised she will have cash for us, mmm we’ll see, we still feel in the back of our minds that we could be let down but if so we will take it further. MM looked at me at the end of the phone call and said that she probably thought I was a soft touch and would have got a shock to realise I wasn’t. (I used to do credit control by the way) I've just to the stage of feeling that there is enough happening in our lives to put up with rubbish like this - so she better not mess with me!
Also feeling angry with the developer of the new property one of our daughters bought, they moved in a week ago tomorrow and it’s still not finished, so no building COC, which means the lawyer is having to extra work to sort and they have found out now that to date his bill has increased by $400 (so far) which is money that they don’t have to spare. The lawyer has also held back some payment for the property. I feel the developer got them in and now is too busy trying to complete about another 20 or so houses on the go. Meanwhile they are deep in mud, no driveways or paths, fences unfinished and skirting boards not on and quite a few other little things not completed. While I’m doing a little rant here, there is also the real estate agent who made a promise to our other daughter that if her sister listed with her she would give our daughter $200 worth of garden vouchers and a bottle of Moet. Three commissions later, no garden vouchers or Moet (the other daughter got her bottle though which by the way was enjoyed). Not a very ethical way to get people to list properties.
So yesterday I was feeling quite brassed off in general and then had a quick few moments catching up on blogs and read Kate 's entry on the things that made her smile today – and it made me smile as well – thanks Kate.
One other thing to make me smile, I have a date today with a blond blue eyed, dimply little man, Devin our grandson who is five and I are going out somewhere for the afternoon. He loves going out for a fluffy, with a couple of marshmellows on the side so that will be on the list to do, then maybe the library, the pool or even a visit to the pet shop. Will also catch up with Fynn, Jordyn and Casey as well but there's no way I would attempt to take them all out:) I'm not that silly.
There you have it, life is a real mixture at the moment. I’m not leaving many comments but have been catching up a little bit of daily reading of your blogs. Take care.
4 comments:
You get her Anne. I get so cranky too when people feel like they can take advantage. I have been on both sides of the fence and I can categorically say I am a dream tenant and I hate bad tenants giving us all a bad name. AND having been a landlord at one stage in my life and leaving the management up to someone else has taught me never to do that either. A skipped tenant and the remains of a horticultural crop in two bedrooms which ruined the walls, ceilings, built ins and carpet has shown me that there are all sorts in this world.
I hope that you have a lovely day with your beautiful grandchildren and you get a chance to have some fun and put all the other sadness, anger & frustration out of your mind for a little while.
It is good when we can smile and great that we have our blogger friends who can help us do that when we are having trouble doing it by ourselves. xx
Go get her (the tenant) Anne and don't put up with anymore excuses.
The sooner she is out the better by the sounds of it.
What a lovely afternoon you will have with Devin.......enjoy.
How horrible about your daughters house and that unrelieable realestate person.......not fair!
Phew... I'm exhausted after reading that. We only have one tenant, my daughter. I don't relish the day when we have to get strangers in.
Thanks for your kind comment on my somewhat despairing blog entry the other day. I now see that you haven't your troubles to seek either. So sorry about all these, especially your nephew's wife - how terrible. Thinking of you - hope the other things all get sorted out.
Post a Comment