About time
Today I did my new gym program – I like it! I feel I’m working harder, well I am!! Lots more reps. A totally different program and I could really feel it! I also increased my time on the exercyle – well only a couple of minutes but was pushing myself harder. Then into the pool for aqua afterwards and now because the dive pool is closed we are back to aqua aerobics rather than jogging and it’s a lot more of a work out, which is all good!
I realise now I needed the new program and should have done it ages ago, so easy to get into cruise mode, and that’s where I was. I needed the change and know now I have to keep challenging myself. Although still frustrated at the fitness assessment I have since thought only about another 30 seconds I would have finished it and it could have been a different result. But no good worrying about it, just have to think positive and keep at it. There’s heaps of room for improvement but looking at what I do now compared to the past – at least I’m trying! I've come a long way from the old me and I'm not going back there!
Yesterday I visited a friend (an old work friend) they have just moved into a new house – it was stunning, just loved it. I was really excited for them as it really is a dream home. I was shown around and just so happy for them with their new purchase. Later we sat out in the garden over a coffee and she said how pleased I must be at what I’ve done, and that how every time she sees me she still gets a buzz and excited at what I’ve achieved! We do forget from time to time what we’ve done (well I know I do) and it was such a lovely reminder to have her say that. She's such a sweetie!
The other night at WW it came up (as it does often) about tools we use to lose weight – I'm not going to own up to it at a meeting but blogging is the best tool I’ve found so far!
The support is constant
It’s not a just bit of support once a week - and then you're on your own
We share our highs and lows
We know we aren’t alone with the challenges that hit us
We can vent our feelings but then also can help others
It becomes a lot more than just a weight loss journey
We find there are some amazing people out there, giving others inspiration and motivation!
We have two little grandsons here for a ‘sleep over’ – well so far not much sleep is happening. MM thought he would put them in the double bed together – I didn’t think it would work and it didn’t! We have separated them and now Fynn is in the other room – calling in what he thinks is a quiet voice to his cousin Jordyn. Only problem he has a voice a bit like a fog horn and we can hear him!
Thanks for your support and enjoy the weekend. Sounds as if we are in for a wet one:(
I realise now I needed the new program and should have done it ages ago, so easy to get into cruise mode, and that’s where I was. I needed the change and know now I have to keep challenging myself. Although still frustrated at the fitness assessment I have since thought only about another 30 seconds I would have finished it and it could have been a different result. But no good worrying about it, just have to think positive and keep at it. There’s heaps of room for improvement but looking at what I do now compared to the past – at least I’m trying! I've come a long way from the old me and I'm not going back there!
Yesterday I visited a friend (an old work friend) they have just moved into a new house – it was stunning, just loved it. I was really excited for them as it really is a dream home. I was shown around and just so happy for them with their new purchase. Later we sat out in the garden over a coffee and she said how pleased I must be at what I’ve done, and that how every time she sees me she still gets a buzz and excited at what I’ve achieved! We do forget from time to time what we’ve done (well I know I do) and it was such a lovely reminder to have her say that. She's such a sweetie!
The other night at WW it came up (as it does often) about tools we use to lose weight – I'm not going to own up to it at a meeting but blogging is the best tool I’ve found so far!
The support is constant
It’s not a just bit of support once a week - and then you're on your own
We share our highs and lows
We know we aren’t alone with the challenges that hit us
We can vent our feelings but then also can help others
It becomes a lot more than just a weight loss journey
We find there are some amazing people out there, giving others inspiration and motivation!
We have two little grandsons here for a ‘sleep over’ – well so far not much sleep is happening. MM thought he would put them in the double bed together – I didn’t think it would work and it didn’t! We have separated them and now Fynn is in the other room – calling in what he thinks is a quiet voice to his cousin Jordyn. Only problem he has a voice a bit like a fog horn and we can hear him!
Thanks for your support and enjoy the weekend. Sounds as if we are in for a wet one:(
5 comments:
You'll go from strength to strength (literally) if you keep getting a new programme which stretches your limits. Do it at least every 6 to 8 weeks :) Not only is it a physical thing, its a mental thing! You start with a new programme and you push your body and then just when you start to get "used to it" you go and change it all over again and your brain has to refocus ... its a win win situation :) go for it!
Yay for the new programme! And like Helena says you do need to refresh them reguarly to keep you on you toes and to keep challenging yourself!
And yes I so agree with your comments about the "blogging" world - our blogger friends mean the world to me and I wouldn't have survived the last week without them!
And I hope the boys managed to get some sleep (and you too...).
Have a good week.
Anne good for you staying positive and changing up your exercise..
here here for blogging
Just had a good luck at your ticker and how close you are to goal. You are doing so well. Keep up the good work.
:o)
Post a Comment