Feeling positive
I had a great day yesterday and I feel pleased with myself – one good day achieved seems to make the next one easier!! I finished the day on 20 points, went to both the gym and aqua and also got up to 8,300 steps – no walks here just a busy day. So I did it - managed both exercise and tracked. I’m really impressed with the steps I’m doing – I know it doesn’t seem a lot to some but when I first wore a pedometer I was lucky to hit around 3,000 steps – now just by moving more I’m getting up a lot higher.
Had a reminder yesterday of why it’s being so hard for me to lose weight. A woman at aqua (quite a bit younger than me) was telling us how she was on new medication and how she gained close to 8 kilos since Christmas after starting the medication. It’s the same one I’m on! I wish I could get off it, but have attempted to and my blood pressure just wouldn’t stay down. I’ve had to accept that for now I’m stuck with being on medication but this is all another reason for me to keep exercising, trying to get to a healthier weight for me and maybe I can get off it for good. I’m trying!
The Wellington/P North visit is all go for Sunday! Will be fun meeting up again. I met up with Helena, Karen and Janine last year when we were in Wellington but there are a couple I haven’t met yet and this time there will be a bit more time! Also Felicity will be visiting as well from the South Island. It’s definitely not like meeting up with strangers as I know them well through their blogs.
This is a quick post as I’m doing the Nana thing today (no not a Nana nap) but meeting up with my daughters and taking the boys out somewhere. Then more office work and back into town later to have my hair cut, and off to aqua tonight.
Day two – feeling positive, feeling in control with my eating – long may this last!
4 comments:
You're sounding really positive and focussed - well done! Enjoy the boys.
Woooohoooo roll on Sunday!
Yay for being in control! Hope you had fun with your little boys.
Its so true how one day of being truly on track makes you feel so much more positive for the rest of the week.
Have (another) great weekend!!
Post a Comment