Success is......
"Success is getting up one more time than you fall"
I saw this quote today and just thought it summed up a lot for me! Even when off days, holidays, weekends, not feeling well or what ever other daily occurrences make my plans difficult to achieve - I haven't failed because I keep getting up again! We all do - we just need to keep reminding ourselves.
Feeling so much better today, last night I gave up on the aqua idea and blobbed in the bath instead, watched a little bit of TV, caught up on a few blogs then headed off to bed.
Woke this morning with no aches and feeling well. So I bundled up my togs, gym gear and headed into town at 11.00am, gym first then aqua. Felt so good to be back again. Why didn't I do this years ago? Don't know why really, that something has to click and you have to be ready. Just get a bit frustrated that what ever clicked for me didn't happen quite a few years before it did!!
Feeling so much better today, last night I gave up on the aqua idea and blobbed in the bath instead, watched a little bit of TV, caught up on a few blogs then headed off to bed.
Woke this morning with no aches and feeling well. So I bundled up my togs, gym gear and headed into town at 11.00am, gym first then aqua. Felt so good to be back again. Why didn't I do this years ago? Don't know why really, that something has to click and you have to be ready. Just get a bit frustrated that what ever clicked for me didn't happen quite a few years before it did!!
I'm not the only one feeling better, MM's upset tummy didn't really come to anything and Devin was fine just a couple of hours after getting him home.
Karen mentioned about the cafe meal we had and how if what ever she orders is not right - she says. I normally do as well (well have learnt to) but this night was not one of those occasions, due to the greenish looking grandson.
We do eat out a little bit and I always quickly scan the menu to see what the best option is for me. I love well presented, tasty food that makes you enjoy every mouthful and I've learnt that there is still a lot on menus that are suitable or easily adaptable for people who are watching what they eat. I'm not what you would call an assertive person and hate putting people to trouble so never try to revamp the menus when I order, just ask for dressing or sauces on the side (that way can just have a little taste if I want, but the plate isn't swimming in it. If chips are on the menu I always ask for no chips but ask for some extra salad. MM quite often seems a bit uncomfortable when I do this - I think it is because of some friends we used to have - the woman member of the partnership, every time and I mean every time we met them for a meal would complain about something - e.g. the wine is corked, the fork is dirty, if water arrived with ice, she would ask for another lot without ice!! We always thought it was quite unnecessary most of the time, (phew we don't see them much nowadays - by the way - this is the same friend who didn't notice my weight loss!)
The other night when I ordered my meal MM asked why I didn’t just leave the chips on my plate if I didn't want them - rather than asking for none. (Yea right - leave chips on my plate and expect me to leave them, I would have to have a few!) We got talking about my requests and I asked him if the thought by me asking for what I wanted did he think I was getting like our ....... (ex) friend - he said yes!! He's a sweetie but thinks you should just accept what you are given. No fuss. So we got talking and I explained:
I do it with out causing a fuss; I'm polite and thank them
I don't ask for anything too difficult
We are paying for the meal so should be free to ask for minor changes
You could also say the reasons for the requests are health ones - it could go on and on but -he understands now :)
Enough prattling on - better go and get some work done.
Catch you later:)
4 comments:
What a great quote and so so true. I am glad to hear that you are all feeling better now - it is awful when you aren't feeling 100%. And so difficult to worry about what you are eating at the same time !!!!
I think your reasons for asking for minor menu changes are good - at the end of the day, you are paying for the meal and as you aren't wanting them to make major changes and you are polite about it - there is no reason why you shouldn't get it.
We used to just take whatever they dished up but we realised that we work hard for our money and don't go out often so if I ask for my drink without ice, I do expect it get it without ice and I will ask them to take it back and bring me one without ice if they bring it with ice in it BUT I am polite and really just expect them to get my order correct - that is their job after all.
Good for you for sticking to your guns and showing that it can be done without a fuss.
Have a great week and take care !
Me
I agree with you. If you dont want chips or anything else just say and they are usually happy to oblige. I couldnt leave them on my plate either, I would nibble them one by one until they were gone.
:o)
I think your requests are more than reasonable. Having worked in restaurants and cafes myself, I couldn't stand people who wanted so many changes to a meal that it ended up as something completely different (why not go and eat somewhere that has what they want?!). But I never minded people who politely asked for simple changes - because they clearly had a reason for them, rather than just trying to show off and be bossy!
Me too! I think it's perfectly reasonable to ask for no chips or the sauce served separately. Sometimes I'm told that whatever it is, is cooked in the sauce - so that gives me the opportunity to choose something more suitable. As always it's not necessarily what you say or ask for so much as they way you say or ask for it!
Glad to hear you're feeling better now. Enjoy your weekend.
Post a Comment