Sunday, April 30

The get together!

Was great to meet up with not only the Wellington girls and Jenny today but also finally meeting Jo and Janene and also Felicity all the way up from the South Island. And of course two gorgeous little girls Rhian and Jorja! Brunch was lovely - well I enjoyed mine (Eggs Benedict with Salmon - yummy) so hope the rest of you did as well. Great also to see Karen looking so well and healthy! We went around a few shops in the Plaza and then I left them to it as they were heading off to Ezi Buy, hope you didn't spend too much there and that you all had a safe journey back home. LOL at Helena and her bargain buy at the market on the way here - she will fill you in...... Hope to meet up with Felicity again when she is back in P North and maybe go to aqua as well.
Not sure if our daughters are keeping us young or trying to age us prematurely - both now have their homes on the market. (Long story why but won't go into it) Lunch here yesterday with one daughter and family was interrupted by the real estate agent to go and sign papers and talk to a builder, they took off in a huge hurry asking me as they rushed away if I would have the two boys. Back home again, second attempt at lunch - the phone went again, it was the agent who had people wanting to go right now to look at their house, frantic they had to take off again! This afternoon we visited them after an open home - the phone went again - it was the agent with more people to look through the house, cups of coffee were thrown down the sink and we all had to vacate the house quickly! Meanwhile in the other household, they find out tomorrow if their sale is now unconditional but if it is, the builders have seven weeks to build their house and it's not started yet!
On Friday I got an email from one of my closest friends now in Whitianga suggesting that as our men will be sitting freezing (at opposite ends of the North Island) waiting for the ducks to come why don't we met up in Rotorua for a "girls weekend!" Sounded brilliant but for the first time every since we have been married MM is not duck shooting. Even when our second child (which ended up being twins) was due the big worry was would I go into labour on duck shooting weekend - I'm very obliging and didn't, hanging on another couple of days. It was after having our twins that I met this friend for the first time, she had just had her first baby. We had loads in common, both our husbands worked in the same trade, both mad duck shooters and we found we were building houses just around the corner from each other! The reason MM is not going, is our son arriving up from the South Island tomorrow and wants to go out to the beach with us the following weekend. It is also our son and daughters birthday that weekend. Maybe we should plan ahead for next year....
The visiting son is a chef and even if I say so myself - a good one! Some of his friends are coming over to the beach as well and when I thought about it I realised we will not only have one chef there but three!! All have worked overseas in some top places. I mentioned this to MM and his reply was ''don't expect they will cook anything though!" and he's probably right! Our daughters do loads of sweet talking to their brother and just occasionally he gets his act together and cooks for us - but you can tell he has people cleaning up after him as he's a bit messy in the kitchen!! Will be great to see him though even if he doesn't cook!
Catch you all later!

3 comments:

Pam said...

Hi Anne, For some reason my computer kept giving me your last March blog and I thought you hadn't added anything in April till it occurred to me to look at your Archive list and saw April there. Glad to know you're still writing. And I'm so interested in all you say, both about your health/weight journey and your life in general. I do envy you those grandchildren!

Margaret said...

So glad the get together went well. It is always such a nervous/exciting time. I am excited for all of you that you got together.

And wow, do things ever slow down in your house LOL. Good luck to both your daughters for the successful sale of their houses. And hope your son has a wonderful visit home :D

Karen said...

Was great seeing you too Anne and look forward to catching up again - hopefully before bubs is born.
Wow it sure is all go in your house at the moment! Hope both daughters get their houses sold and get their new places sorted quickly.
Have a good week.