Tuesday, April 18

Plans not happening

After having such a great week with exercise last week, it looks as if this week is going to be a bit of a disaster. I’m feeling quite yuk at the moment, aching and just not right. I hate being like this – I haven’t got time to be sick! I just couldn’t face the gym today and thought I would go to aqua tonight instead, but as time is getting closer I don’t think that is going to be an option either! With two more short weeks I really wanted to give it my best shot in keeping the exercise sessions up to make up for the days I can’t go. The last session was last Thursday and looks as if I won’t get back until tomorrow – which is almost a whole week! We did a few walks over the weekend and once again hit those steps back up to the house – we all arrive back puffing, panting and almost speechless as they are fairly steep and then there’s a short steep hill after that.

We had a brilliant weekend, the weather was lovely, the days were warm and pleasant. Our family joined us at the beach; the kids had a ball in the sand hills and going for walks. One walk on the beach they were paddling and Fynn (three years old) decided the water must have looked a bit too inviting and before anyone could stop him he just lay down in it clothes and all! So his brother ended up joining him. LOL at being woken up around 7.00am with our very vocal Fynn singing at the top of his voice "I love you - you love me etc" They all went home on Sunday and we thought we would keep Devin with us until Monday, bad move as he got some kind of bug and was sick during the night and again on the way home! I'm sure it was a bug and not a case of too many Easter eggs.

After the family left MM, myself and Devin went out to the little café for a meal. We have been trying to get a visit in since Christmas and finally made it! But it was a disaster though as soon as we got our meals, Devin looked quite pale and said he didn’t feel well, so I took him out to the verandah for some fresh air. I had a sneaky feeling he would have disgraced himself in the café if I hadn’t had done that, so my meal didn’t really get eaten!! I managed a couple of mouthfuls of fish, MM gulped his meal down and we took one pale little boy back to the house. He crashed into bed and was sick a few hours later. MM is feeling a bit nauseous and not right, whereas I just feel sore and achy. And my meal even if I could eat it was disappointing, The menu had fish poached in wine topped with some kind of butter with salad and chips – so my order was fish, butter on the side, extra salad and no chips – it arrived, with piles of chips, butter on top and a miserable bit of limp salad. Sort of frustrating when they write it all down but then just dish up whatever!

It seems like quite a few of my plans are not happening, for example the exercise not happening, the meal out not really happening. I planned to have just one hot cross bun – well that didn’t happen either; they were so delicious I weakened and had three over the weekend for lunches. I planned on tracking, I didn’t. I just can’t seem to get my head around the weekends at the moment.

Once again I’ve discovered the dual personality that keeps popping up. Week days I’m in control and weekends the carelessness sets in. I relax. I did manage not to have any Easter eggs, instead having a WW Choc Crisp bar (well several of them over the weekend) so I suppose my break outs aren’t too major but I would dearly love to have some more self discipline! My daughter found some choc coated nuts in the pantry and we opened those and I caught the look MM gave me when I popped a couple into my mouth, it was sort of a shocked / surprised look as I’m just not normally this lax and I’m catching myself doing this more and more. I have to sort myself out and soon!

We had a couple of mad Cranium nights, the game has us in fits, it’s sort of a cross between Trivial, pictionary, charades etc. One section the cards make you hum a tune – I just can’t! My daughter calls me Johnny one note! We haven’t got curtains (yet) in the living area at the Bach, only have one set of neighbours that can see into this area (and they are related) but not sure what they would have thought of our antics if they could see in. A lot of fun though!

Don’t you just love these short weeks!! Well apart from fitting in five days work into four.

5 comments:

Me said...

I hope that by now everyone is feeling much better. It is so hard to get back on track when you have let things slide along the way. The good thing is that we all know what we have to do and you will get to the point where you want to do it again - just try to do the best you can in the meantime.
I'm with you on the short weeks !!!
Hope you are feeling your normal energetic self soon.
Me

Suzy said...

Hope you are feeling much better.

I know what you mean about no notes - I am the same, but I love music and can only sing when no-one is listening.

Karen said...

Hope you are all feeling better real soon Anne!
And that is so frustrating when cafes etc write it all down but dish up something else completely! I normally complain when something like that happens to me but I guess in your circumstances with Devin not being well you didn't have the chance.
Enjoy the short week.

Kate said...

Lmao - I love Cranium! My father in law is a one note hummer too - even though he is very musical and is a whizz on the clarinet!! Too funny! The last time I played that game was Amelia's first birthday after all the kids were in bed - hmm, the game still smells like the vodka that I spilt all over it!!

Sounds like a lovely weekend, except for the illnesses. Hope you are feeling better very soon, and hope it doesn't develop into a bug too!

Emily Campbell - Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

It always sounds like you have so much fun at your Bach!! How disappointing about your meal not being up to scratch, especially after so much anticipation.

It certainly doesn't sound like you did too badly on the choc / hot cross buns front - very restrained I would have thought!!