Still here but....
I feel like a caged tiger! I’m missing aqua, I’m even missing the gym! M gave me the letter W to have 10 words to describe me - Will get onto that soon - but right now here (courtesy of Julie) is one to go on with. Walking wounded! My ankle and foot has been quite sore so have put both on hold, then I started to get worried as the pain seemed to be heading up my leg! Started to wonder if there was something sinister going on. I went back to physio today and know it appears rather than spraining my ankle, I’ve strained the muscle down the front side of my leg which is pulling on the tendons in my foot, so that explains what’s going on! He has now said no aqua, no exercycle and rest and only to do upper body work at the gym. I was holding off on the gym as I wasn’t sure how to go about the exercises without warming up but he has told me to do reps at about 30% of what I normally do as a warm up – so that’s what I will start doing tomorrow.
If anyone told me a few years ago that I would sitting here saying I was missing exercise – I would have rolled around laughing. But here I am missing it. Without it I feel sluggish, a bit down in the dumps and as I said like a caged tiger. I’m trying to be positive as I know it shouldn’t be long until I can get back but after trying so hard to make a real effort with the gym and get my fitness levels up, I feel frustrated. This had made me think not ever to take my body and the ability to exercise for granted. A woman at WW suggested I could sit in the couch doing weights with tins of baked beans! After almost daily sessions of aqua and three gym sessions a week, lifting tins of baked beans doesn’t inspire me much. I want to get this leg better quickly and get back to where I was.
Eating has been a little bit hit and miss, mainly because I’m feeling a bit down. Just once again not tracking. No excuse really and back to tracking. I have too!! Especially important now I’m not exercising. Ironic when I was making the extra effort to increase my exercise, track and generally get sorted that this happens and I’m not getting anywhere fast.
It’s been almost a week since I’ve updated, just felt I didn’t have much to say. I had a ‘home alone’ weekend as MM went to a weekend auction. Not quite home alone as I borrowed Devin our five year old grandson as I hate being by myself at night. The nearest neighbours are quite a bit away and I get so wound up and of course every little noise makes me sit up and freak out. Devin wasn’t probably going to be much help if anyone did break in but it made me feel better. LOL at me – I take the phone to bed, my cell phone, sleep with the light on, put a chair in front of the door leading in to the garage (the theory being if anyone came in I would hear them hit the chair!)
Sunday my daughters and I went out for coffee, and shopping although was having a bit of trouble keeping up with them with my sore leg, didn’t go far though so wasn’t too bad.
On the positive side being out of my exercise routine means I’ve caught up with a couple of friends, caught up with the office work and we eat at a normal time at night. I've even got some time today to catch up on your blogs!
Catch you all later:)
12 comments:
Anne speaking from experience take it slowly or else it may take a lot longer than you think is fair. Im with you, sitting on a couch lifting tins doesnt appeal to me either not after where I was at. Hope you are feeling better and remember take it slowly. (Stern talking to finished now.)
:o)
Anne, there is nothing worse than not being able to do something you really wanna do! I'm like you about the exercise thing, if its pouring with rain outside I get really antsy and then angry at myself for not going out ... mental huh? Hope you heal real quick so that you stop doing your head in! LOL
You sound so frustrated but try and remember that if you overdo it, you ankle won't heal and your gym routine will really be changed forever! On a more positive note, its lovely that you are able to catch up with friends and its great seeing you back on line after a week :) Hope you feel better soon.
Yes it must be awfully frustrating for you hun! I know when I was actively going to the gym I would get frustrated if I missed it for whatever reason... But like Rachel says - it is great being able to have the time to catch up with friends :)
Take care and hope you are able to get back to aqua real soon.
*hugs*
So sorry you are missing your exercise, but as the others said, take care and make sure you are completely healed before starting again.
Good on you for seeing the positives to being cooped up, and I really hope your injury improves very very soon!!
xx
come on girl don't give up...food doesn't need to be shot to pieces becasue u have a sore leg...what about some chair exercises upper body stuff.
Most important don't give up on yourself.
Oh dear, poor you. Look after yourself and read a nice book...
It is sooooo frustrating when you want to exercise and can't. I know how you feel. I had the flu really bad last week and couldn't get out to do my exercise and it was driving me insane... it is funny how you can get so addicted to exercise aye... woohoo
Love CM
But once you've caught up on everything, you are going to drive everyone NUTS!
Oh, seems as though you and Linda are in the same boat, you poor things. Hope things start to come right soon.
Enjoy the long weekend :-)
Hope all is ok since it has been almost a week since you updated... perhaps you and the family have headed to the bach for the long weekend. Hope you are doing ok footwise :)
Take care and have a good week.
Post a Comment