Life is not boring
Life is still a bit frantic – but at least one thing it’s never dull and boring.
Yesterday I forced myself to go to the gym, (don’t know why but some days I really have to push myself, I feel if I give in to those feelings, it would too easy just not to go!) so as I said I forced myself but once I started it was fine, then off to aqua. I was a little weary after the session. Raced home to the office and then to pick up Devin from school. Then took Devin to the airport to meet up with our son, we had half an hour to spare so went to the café and watched the planes, me with a coffee and Devin with a huge cookie and a water bottle. Then the first of many texts hit my phone, the dear son was heading to Wellington not to Palmerston North!! He was only on stand by for the P North flight!! So I had to tell Devin that Uncle D was not coming in on the plane. His eyes filled up with tears and he asked Why! So back home again, a few more texts were sent to say he got the flight to Wellington and would try and get a train up. I had dinner ready so thought I could go back to aqua then go and meet the train just after 7.00pm, perfect as he had sent me another text to say he got on the train – oops yet another text – the train was delayed. So I came home and MM eventually took my car and finally met up with our son – another late dinner in our house….
It doesn’t stop there; MM has just phoned from Eketahuna (which for those of you that don’t know is really in the back and beyond) he phoned to say he just found my car keys in his pocket!!!! No and I don’t have a spare key here. I’m recording at WW today and not sure if MM can get the keys back to me in time and darling son has taken off in the spare vehicle!
Our oldest daughter sold her house!!! It went unconditional yesterday at 4.00pm so they are going to build a new house in a suburb she joked about calling Pleasantville!! The house hasn’t started yet and they move in 6 weeks!! I’m sure it will work out – well it has to somehow and we have told them they move in with us if stuck. I don’t think she wants to put us through that option! They are quite lucky as her and husband managed to bring back money from the UK which when converted to NZ dollars really gave them a head start. She convinced our other daughter they could build as well which has been their dream, but they will find it a lot harder. So they are off to the bank today to see what they can borrow and fingers crossed that their house sells in time.
This morning a colleague of MM’s phoned to say the venue they normally have for their AGM at the end of this month is not available and could I find somewhere for up to 40 people to have their meeting and dinner! I managed to find somewhere. It’s only Tuesday and I’m not sure what else this week is going to through my way.
Today I’m planning a walk and aqua tonight (providing my car keys arrive back). Tomorrow Felicity sounds as if she is back in town so will contact her as she was keen to go to one of the aqua classes.
I have been a lot better with my tracking – still not perfect though. I remember one WW meeting when they talked about the bites and licks that we forget to count and that is one really bad habit I have that I’m trying hard to sort out. Like Devin giving me the walnut that was on top of his afghan cookie, not a biggie but if I keep sneaking bits here and there – it adds up!
Here's my car keys back!!
6 comments:
OMG what a day!!! I am exhausted just reading all of that! But glad to hear that things are turning out for you and the family and that you found your long lost car keys!
OMG Anne! Nothing is ever simple with a family is it? Glad your keys came back in time for weighing.
Your life sounds so much like mine! It made me laugh and at least I am not alone. And yet you are still finding time to go to gym and aqua. Well done.
Blimmen heck - I'm knackered just reading it too! Hehehe.... Hey - did you ever find out who your mystery guests were??
Hey Jo - sort of found about the mystery guests - will fill your mum in when I see her
Well, after that post I am ready to head off to bed to have a rest..Zzzzzzzzz. LOL. You sure are busy :D
And I was very proud of myself for tracking the little bite of ham I had off the boys sandwich tonight. Bit of a bugger though as I had allocated that last point for a chocolate mousse. It will now have to wait until tomorrow. But like you said, all those bits do add up.
Hope tomorrow is a little quieter for you :D
Post a Comment