Monday, December 18

Bits and pieces

I've noticed the blogs are a lot quieter, Christmas is getting closer and people are getting busier!

Dinner on Friday night was delicious, although my pavlova did the crumbly trick, amazing what a bit of cream can cover! I tried the asparagus and roasted vine tomatoes - very tasty and looked a bit Christmasy with the colours.

We had Devin and his older half brother to stay Saturday night and we put up some outdoor lights along one of our box hedges and threaded it through the weeping cherry tree - looks great! Christmas seems a lot more fun with littlies about. Then Sunday we ventured into town to try and get matching lights for the other side of the path. Just a quick trip into the Plaza and then for a cup of coffee and Peter reckoned he was ''shopped out" - men! He has no idea of what shopping I have had to do, although LOL he will when he sees the bankcard. We dropped the boys back home and found Deb our daughter had planned to take them to "The Cave" this has been in P North for years and has never changed, just like it was when our kids were little. They asked us if we wanted to go along so we thought why not! The kids loved it, had their photo taken with Santa Claus and a quick merry-go-round ride. On the way home we called in and visited with Peter's brother and wife.

Today - aqua - well the water was so bloody cold it took my breath away! Bit of a shock to the system I can tell you! Makes you work a lot harder though. Had thought of going back tonight but don't think my body could handle another session in that cold water.

Apart from getting groceries my shopping is all done! Bought and even wrapped - this would be a first here, I'm usually running around Christmas Eve with wrapping paper and sellotape. So now just groceries and maybe a visit to the market in the weekend (for fruit and veges) and get a few library books for the holidays and that's it!

I stayed and listened to the WW meeting on Wednesday so didn't go back on Saturday. The leader asked us all to think of one good thing we have achieved this year. My answer was simple - I'm still here! Eating over the past few days has been mostly OK. Some things I'm doing better is having more fruit and less snacks such as muesli bars. Having more variety as well. I'm not stressing but my aim for a maintain.

Better go - have a six year old in the office and he's driving me mad with his talking!! It never stops.....

5 comments:

Tracy said...

have a fantastic Christmas. It is always heaps of fun with little kids about. I look forward to reading all about it.

Chris H said...

I found that water friggin freezing to get into too! We did well staying in it eh? hee he Roll on Xmas, can't wait to see Brylee and Griffin's faces when Santa leaves them their bikes.

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne

Can you email me please.

Love Chubbymum

jen said...

Chrissy and kids....don't ya just love them at this time of the year. I have 5 of my 8 grandies for chrissy day this year...gonna be great.

brrrrrrrrrr cold pools....thats why I stopped going...

All the best wishes to you and yours...

Jen

Rachel said...

God your organised!

Have a wonderful Christmas and New Year.

Rachel