Friday, December 1

It's shining out there!

Better not speak too soon - but it looks like we have some sun! I know it makes life seem better when it's fine and sunny. Maybe I''m feeling like that because the last few days have been have been madness. The exam was yesterday and was a bit of a stinker! I seemed to learn loads they didn't ask for and vice versa. LOL I wanted to yell out what about all the stuff I've learnt and you haven't asked me for!!!! I did get through it all though but woke in the middle of the night realising I had done something wrong, a stupid mistake, only a few marks. Fingers crossed. (I've passed the paper anyway without the exam - so should stop worrying) It's all over now and I feel life has to settle down a little bit (maybe)

I intended to have Wednesday to study - but this is the one day our sub-contractor and husband decided to sit here and want info on old jobs, queries, I was not impressed as just wasn't getting anything done. Up at 6.00am and and 10 still hadn't opened a book! I was determined to get to aqua at lunch time (stress relief) Chris H commented I was a bit tardy - so that's why Chris! Then back to study and would you believe Peter arrived back early to do office work! Very hard going concentrating and in the end I lost my cool! I just wanted a couple of hours of peace, (couldn't really work in the hosue as I was working on-line) So he's threatened to get another office lady - go for it I told him!

The Diploma - well I keep wondering why I'm putting myself through the stress of doing this. This paper was enjoyable (apart from the exam!) Not all the papers will be like this though. While we have our own business the contract we have is only for three years. If we decided not to keep doing it, I would want to work again but I know deep down it is highly unlikely I will ever work in another management role. Just couldn't be bothered now. So I've got a bit of sorting out of what to do, deep down I would love to be able to say I've done it, but if I'm not really going to use all I learn I do keep wondering why? Boils down really to I should have done it years ago, (just like I should have lost weight years ago!)

Also a few days ago
Son-in-law working through end of month
Daughter frantic in her job as Christmas lead up is their busiest time (she is a visual merchandising manager)
I had end of month - study and an exam
And their son Fynn got tonsilitis!!
I felt guilty not being able to help more - have to say they never make me feel like that, it is just me. I did have Fynn yesterday afternoon for a while though while Deb went to parent/teacher interviews.

The next hiccup was Xtra - our emails with in-coming jobs were held up somewhere, nothing and then piles all at once. I still don't think the problem is sorted either. We were getting emails hours after they were sent. Xtra's answer was for us to get another email channel through someone else so we have an alternative address? Doesn't seem quite the right way to fix a problem!

Our daughter's Brother-in-law and partner now live here. Both a couple of wonderful men - one in particular is a real live wire and really entertaining and fun. One is also a chef - they invited us for dinner last night to our daughter's house where they are living at the moment, her husband is working away so there was just the five of us. The meal was just beautiful. Starters were mussells cooked in white wine and garlic, buschetta topped with tomato, red, onion and pesto. Then the main was oven baked salmon topped with lemon and dill, with dill mayo, spicy rice and oven roasted courgettes, asparagus, peppers, onions etc - very impressive. And how sweet is this, half way through he told me that everything he cooked was low fat - even the mayo was. It all seemed quite decadent and was delicious.

Food this week has been great - I have varied my breakfasts every day and enjoying the change. I've stuck to fruit for between meal snacks.
Exercise - my aim with steps is 10,000 - did four days and then a lot of calf muscle pain and also hamstring on one leg just aching and tingling. I really wasn't 100% happy with the physio helping last time as it never really felt quite right - I've been making sure I'm doing all the stretches he told me. It looks as if I will need further treatment and will probably try another physio to see what else I can do - so meanwhile it is just aqua which is a little disappointing. Loads to do at home here though so I will still be keeping active!

Aim for next week - keep the variety up, start drinking water again (have been a bit slack) and try and get these legs sorted!

No weigh in tomorrow as we are at the beach, but weigh in this morning showed me still around the same. Will also miss out on the blogger's picnic - but I'm sure there will be more get togethers. Hope you all have a great time - also hope the sun keeps shining!

2 comments:

Pam said...

Wow, what a long post! And, intriguingly, you wrote it tomorrow... It's still November here... Thanks for your hello on my blog.

jen said...

Keep it up...the variety is good, and yeaaaaa the water really does help so keep pouring it in, if the sun keep shining it will be easy.

Have a great week

Jen