Wednesday
I swear that I'm not a hypchondriac! But beginning to think I sound like one with the complaining about my calf muscles I've been doing. So frustrating though as they are not only painful, but I feel the pain is restricting me. It eases and as soon as I get moving again off they go. Frustrating also as I've done everything the physio has told me to. Well at long last I think I'm getting them sorted!! I tried another physio today and right from the word go I could relate to what she was telling me. Just by talking to me on the phone she thought the problem could either stem from my back or my feet! When I went in she looked at my shoes (a favourite pair I thrash) and straight away told me they were not helping. I told her they were so comfortable and she said exactly as they were letting my feet do what they wanted and I'm rolling my feet inwards, which is causing the strain on the calf muscles - so I'm to take my walking shoes in (and start wearing them as well!) they are fitting orthotics into the shoes. Also she found my calf muscles are really weak so have to do lots of strengthening exercises. It did make sense but a bit hard to remember exactly all she said. I'm pleased that I went for another opinion. The last physio was easing the problem with the massage but not getting to the core of it. I have to do at least 10 reps of 5 exercises a day and this is only to start with. I'm going to get them right!
Yesterday: 20 points!! ( a far better effort)
Exercise: 45 mins Aqua jogging
Water: about 1.5 litres (have to remember to drink the stuff)
Today after physio had a lunch time session in the pool, lovely with the sun out -then a quick spa and back to the office. Off shortly to help out WW tonight.
Better go and get ready.
No comments:
Post a Comment