Thursday, December 7

In a bit of a rut

I haven't updated in a while, just feel not much to report. I feel in a bit of a rut at the moment with this whole thing. Just seem to be going around in circles, lose a little, gain it back, exercise, struggle with the calf muscle issue. I'm not complaining but this all feels like hard going at the moment - more so now than ever. I don't know why I'm feeling like this! Time and time again I think I'll change a couple of things, throw in some extra exercise and then expect a miracle but it doesn't happen. Can't believe how easy it is to gain weight and how damn hard it is to lose some!! Then I guess we all know that..... At times I just would love never to have to think about what I eat, but I know what I would end up like if I went down the road - so I'll keep on plodding along....

What else - well Christmas shopping is all done!! (just a layby to collect) I have never been this organised before and it feels great. I did the last of it today and what I bought was quite heavy (can't say what in case the family read this!) but Deb my daughter who works where I was shopping kindly offered to walk me and my parcels back to the car. I went back in to the store again (this time to buy for Deb) and banged into my other daughter Rachel - who helped out with the next lot back to the car. Rachel was childless - the brother-in-laws offered to look after the boys so we went and had a coffee together. I then went shopping for me! Got a lovely black and cream skirt and some shoes. LOL Peter reckons I have enough clothes so I just filed these into the wardrobe - he'll never know. The rest of this week I'm going to send out Christmas cards, bake one more Christmas cake and then that's it!

Going out tonight to the neighbour's (a girl's night before Christmas) so better go and cook some dinner and get ready. Catch you later:)

3 comments:

Chris H said...

Like you, up and down, sick of it all, but would never be able to just forget and eat whatever! I am hanging out for the power plate machine at the gym, hoping it will do something for me! I'm going to aqua lunchtime tomorrow, maybe I'll see you there.

Rachel said...

Getting into a rut sounds very familiar with everyone at the moment........good ole Christmas!

Aren't you organised with your Christmas shopping?

I do exactly the same thing when I buy clothes for myself (put them into the wardrobe) and when I put them on Andrew doesn't notice or if he says "is that new" I just say, "oh no, I've had this for ages"............LOL

Kate said...

Well done with your christmas shopping! I'm pretty much done too, it feels so good not to have to venture back into the shops again - and if I do, I don't have the stress of trying to find something.

I hope you don't get offended by this but I've wondered for a long time if maybe you are at the weight your body is the most comfortable with. No one can say you haven't tried hard enough - you've stuck with this more than most people I know, I really admire you for that! I just wonder if maybe your body feels really healthy at this weight, because you certainly sound healthy and active.

x