Monday, December 11

Just cruising along

**UPDATE**
Points yesterday - 23 - over but I did count!
Exercise - 45 minutes aqua jogging
Water - slack - about a litre

When I commented a couple of days ago that I was finding this harder than ever, I didn't mean trying to lose weight. What I'm finding hard it getting back the control I used to have and learning to say no a bit more often. Time of year I know but I'm being slack and have a bit of a couldn't care less attitude. Need to snap out of it and quickly! I'm going to record points here for a while just to see if this will help me snap back to being in control of what I'm doing. Not that I'm doing anything too major, just cruising along.

Do you ever find yourself watching what others eat? I know I do and then get thinking how can they be able to have that! Why don't others have to worry! We had a neighbourhood girls night last week. It started with the usual dips, crackers, chippies, nuts and so on, along with wine. I helped myself to a few crackers, a little dip, a couple of glasses of wine, and me being me - few nuts. Then out came supper! I stopped here thinking I had enough and just had a cup of coffee. The supper was xmas fruit pies, truffles, savouries and so on but what got me the others all could keep on going and don't seem to have weight issues - not fair. Someone commented that I was being good saying no - yea ok I said no here but I had already gone way over my points by nibbling away before hand. If I kep going I would be as huge as a house in no time. Peter my husband is another one of these people - huge appetite, loves food - never gains an ounce. The weekend was great. We had our work dinner on Saturday night, met up for a drink first at a little wine bar, then onto dinner. We chose a Turskish restaurant (mainly because I left my run a little late and couldn't get in where we wanted) We had been to this restaurant before but what the others didn't know was that there are a group of belly dancers that do some informal entertaining by getting up and dancing. A lot of fun and great to watch - and as we all thought what a fun way to get some exercise! We left and then headed of for coffees to finish the night. Got home just before midnight and I had to finish decorating the Christmas tree. Yesterday our youngest grandson Casey turned two, so another birthday party. He had a ball and loved all the attention. And I found a re-discovered an old love of black jelly beans!! See what I mean about me at the moment - I used to be able to just ignore things like this - now I'm going looking!l And it just wasn't jelly beans yesterday, had some other bits and pieces - points - who knows!

It's sunny! I'm off to aqua and for the first time this year I'm getting out the sun block and sun glasses - what a great feeling. Also this week back to physio:( My calf muscles are giving me hell! I'm trying a new one, just didn't feel like the last one got on top of the problem. The one I spoke to and have an appointment with said it could even be my back doing this? I'll give anything a go.

Have a great day - catch you later:)

2 comments:

Helena said...

My hubby is the same, hes basically a thorougbred, they have a metabolism that lets them maintain no matter what the hell they throw at their bodies! NOT FAIR! I'm resigned to the fact - my body was built for comfort ... not for speed *sigh* ... god I have a hankering for some of Rachel's delicious xmas mince pies now ... mmmmmmm!

Sue said...

The hardest thing is to not tell them they shouldn't eat it! 'Cause it's none of my busines...