Thursday, December 6

Christmas holiday goals!

Around this time last year I set myself some "Christmas holiday goals". It helped me last year -so I'm setting the same goals this year!

Goal 1 - To maintain my weight over Christmas and our holidays.

Goal 2 - Exercise - everyday - aim for either aqua or walks.

Goal 3 - No cashews or nuts! (Danger foods for me - I can't stop at one!)

Goal 4 - To enjoy time with family, and friends, having a good time without over indulging in food.

Goal 5 - Allow treats, but plan, plan, plan so I will have a few points up my sleeve.

Doing this last year while not quite maintaining I got through the Christmas and holidays with a small gain of 800 grams. Previous years would have added probably 3-4 kilos over this period. Going back reading the entry last year showed me at much the same weight I am now! So although while trying to lose I'm successfully maintaining! A lot of hard efforts to maintain but I do realise this is better than gaining!! I should be happy with this, I am in a way, but still want to lose the last bit of weight. I'm realising maybe I don't want it hard enough because if I did - I would be there!!!

The week has passed in a bit of a rush. Monday we went to Chris H's home for a BBQ to meet up with Z (Anne) and Bloss. Thanks Chris for a lovely evening (LOL and I bet you are still eating left overs!) Both Anne & Craig were so easy to talk to. I felt like I had known Anne for ages. Time just flew by as we chatted away. Peter enjoyed himself but he can't seem to quite get his head around how people can connect and get on all via the net.

So many little jobs to get done around here before Christmas and our holiday. This morning Rachel our daughter and I moved our BBQ table into the garage out of the rain, we want to get it dry to oil it. We had a bit of a way to walk with it and Rachel had to keep stopping as she found it too heavy! She asked how come I could do it - I could reply aqua using the arm muscles - so I must be stronger than I thought! Made me feel good as it was no problem to me.

Weigh in this morning - exactly the same as last week:-) 72.2! That's ok as we have had a few social events on and a few more to come. Last night was my last night as a weigher at WW. Felt quite relieved about my decision, didn't realise until the past few weeks how much I was not enjoying it. The nagging worry I have is that I decided to help at meetings so that I would always be involved and therefore not fall of the wagon. Then I've put those nagging thoughts aside as I know I won't let myself go back to what I was - ever! I may or may not go back to meetings as a participant - will wait and see how I feel next year. An incredible woman reached her goal weight last night. She has lost over 30 kilos in under a year. She stood up and spoke and something hit home with me. She told us her thoughts on why she succeeded - she tracked! Every point was counted! She checked portion sizes, weighed food and drunk water - every day! I thought - phew hard work! BUT - she got there, I didn't. Something for me to take on board....

3 comments:

Jenny said...

Love your goals for the "silly season". I am going to keep an eye on my progress too. We must catch up soon :)

jen said...

mmmmm it does come down to tracking, thats what got me there too, that among other things as well, just wish I could find all that again and get me back to goal....sheeeeeeeez!!!

Goals....well I will be making some too ready for chrissy...yep silly season nearly here...

Teresa said...

Good idea about the goals. All the best for a Happy Holiday.