Will be back in 2008
Our mum is deep in my thoughts today. I can't quite believe it is ten years since she passed away. We miss her so much.
Every year I can't understand why life just gets so frantic - all for one day! But no matter what - every year is the same. So I'm going to make this my last entry for the year. I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas and all the best to you all for 2008:-) And to those who manage to squeeze in a holiday - enjoy!! Just over one week until we head away and I can't wait! I have shopping lists a mile long for supplies for Christmas and then the holiday. The supermarkets will make a fortune out of me.
Our Christmas plans are for a meal at home. Our daughters and their families will be here. Our son is working:-( Hoping for not too many left overs as we head away the next day. For the adults we do a name in the hat for our Christmas shopping, a lot of fun, only thing is my man 'forgot' who he drew out - so I had to do a bit of question asking to find who he was buying for. We do buy for the grandkids and the presents are sitting waiting to be wrapped. The kids are going to be a lot of fun. The excitement is already setting in! Devin's wish list is about as long as my shopping list! They are worried about the mechanics of Santa arriving, e.g. no chimney - oh the worries. I told them Santa had a master key - problem solved. There is a magical kids book at Whitc0ulls along with a CD - A Kiwi night before Christmas - very appropriate for Kiwi kids. I hope it will be sunny, well not even sunny - but hope the wind keeps away! I remember one year we sat under the oak trees sipping wine and eating strawberries and pav. One daughter let me into a secret this morning and I'm not meant to tell but we also have friends popping in to surprise us in the morning....they let her on it and she couldn't keep quiet - LOL so I haven't told a soul and I will act surprised when they arrive!!!
We had a fun weekend catching up with friends and this coming weekend looks like more of the same. Meeting up with Chris and JennyT tomorrow for lunch. A few Christmas presents left to wrap and one more Christmas cake to make. (Son gets one, son-in-law another and one for a friend.....) And I do a WW version of a cake - no sugar, no butter - a total of three ingredients - but it tastes great! Orange juice, fruit and SR flour and that's it! I've offered to have two grandsons here for a couple of days as school will be over and no out of school care to send them to - so means I have to be totally up to date. Which isn't going to happen if I sit here!!! So I'm off.......
Have a safe, happy and fun Christmas:-)
8 comments:
Merry Christmas Anne. I hope you have a wonderful break with your family. And yes, the tree looks a lot more even after you fixed it up :) Your grandkids are wonderful - and my Oscar loves our vaccuum cleaner too !!
Merry Christmas Anne - yes we do think of our mums at this time of year, mine died 28 years ago in Nov. Enjoy your family and I hope you have a healthy, safe new year.
Looking forward to seeing you tomorrow, where and when mate? HAPPY AND SAFE CHRISTMAS AND NEW YEAR TOO.
Have a fab Xmas and New Year Anne and see you next year.
Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com
Wow!! I thought I was busy...LOL
Yes thoughts always turn to those no longer with us at this time of year, (and at other times too). Makes it even more important to make the time for family & friends who are around. Looking forward to our catch up tomorrow.:)
Wishing you and Peter & family a very Happy Christmas and an even Happier New year 2008
Wishing you all a wonderful Christmas together, Anne and hope the New Year brings lots of good things for you all. I'll have a wee dram for you when I'm enjoying my Scottish Hogmanay! Take care - see you again in 2008. Love Z xx
All the very best wishes Anne for a wonderful christmas...and may 2008 be full of good health and happiness.
Happy holidays, take care, be safe,
Jen xx
Have a fantastic christmas break!! And that cake sounds like a great idea! Might have to try that one. Thanks for posting it!
Post a Comment