A pressie - or DANGEROUS GOODS
Ok - so I said I was out of there - but...
I thought for anyone still reading at this frantic time of the year that you may have a bit of a giggle at this. I didn't at the time but hey it is the silly season. So they say things are sent to try us!
Had a lovely lunch with Jenny and Chris H today. Once again loved meeting up - so easy to sit and chat away with! Then a couple of hours later - of to do a few little chores. One was to post a gift to our son (officially we do the name in the hat thingee but as he is away from home me being me can't resist and we always buy something for Christmas for him) this year - easy - his two sisters picked out after shave, so it was packaged up and after lunch I went to post it. The queue was long...................... very long in fact. I waited and waited... I finally got to the counter, they weighed the package and then I asked for a fragile sticker, I had to explain what was in the parcel and silly me - after shave is a 'DANGEROUS GOODS' seriously I had no idea!! It was a gift - never thought of it as dangerous goods! NZ P0st would or could not forward it on. So they told me to try courier firms and of I went, found one eventually- yep they would forward the parcel "they thought it would be ok?" - BUT then - they do not take credit cards/or eftp0s - it had to be cash or a cheque - I had neither - bloody hell..... back of into town again to draw money out of the money machine. The parcel now on it's way - PHEW!! He better like it!!! Then a quickie supermarket shop, banking, petrol and I got home from lunch about 5.30!! Still smiling!!
14 comments:
What a sad state of affairs the world has come to when mailing a Christmas gifts makes you look like the unibomber.
Hope you have a wonderful celebration with your family. All the best.
LOL........I had to giggle......after all we had talked about I bet this was just one more thing to add to the list. I don't think we get it all in one book if we decided to write one. More like "Days of our Lives" Never ending!!!!!! LOL.
I got home at 4:45 after visiting two place looking for a bird bath!!!! (Nope I didn't find one I liked!!) Jim thinks it is what is called a "long lunch". Great catching up and my.... doesn't time fly when we are all together :)
Dangerous goods? That's mad! You certainly know how to string out a lunch eh?
The same thing happened to me except I was sending a small bottle of perfume to my Mum and it came back saying it was a dangerous good.
Have a fantastic Christmas and New Year.
Tomorrow is my last day at work and then I may get a few posts in from home over the next month but proberly won't be back until late January.
Funny story! Have a lovely Christmas.
have a great Xmas with your family Anne.
Been great spending the year with you.
Woo hooo, did ya feel that earthquake ??? 8.57pm thursday night? I thought of you straight away cos I know ya hate them! It was a biggie!
Yep I felt the quake Chris!!
Hope your christmas is a good one!! And stress free!!
Merry Christmas. I hope your son loves the aftershave.
Happy Christmas Anne
Hope u hd a great day and lots of grand kiddies around you to enjoy.
Happy Christmas Anne
Hope u hd a great day and lots of grand kiddies around you to enjoy.
Happy Christmas Anne
Hope u hd a great day and lots of grand kiddies around you to enjoy.
Well i sure hope he appreciated them!!!!
Happy New Year hun
Love Chubbymum
http://cmlosingit.blogspot.com
Post a Comment