The joys of modern technology?
I'm typing away while waiting on the phone - been here for 11 minutes now! For the second time in just over a month we received an overdue invoice for an Insurance policy paid by D Credit, then despite the money going out of our bank account the insurance company can't find it at their end?
The probem being we have both business and private insurances with the company. Doesn't matter which division I phone to sort they have to put me through to the other division, then back again..... So this morning after doing all the selections on the phone I thought as it was a car insurance I would speak to the division that dealt with cars. But they don't recognise our Customer reference, oops this was the private insurance division, so they put me through to business. Now I'm waiting as they have now gone back to the private division.
I have given my full name, date of birth and address twice now! LOL yep I'm a moaning minnie today.
When this happened last month - they told me to save time on my side it would be easier for me to go to a P0st shop and pay. LOL I thought the internet was quicker - obviously not - over 15 minutes now..... Oops someone just spoke to me, now they've gone away to investigate (again), oh well typing this is filling in time. Now I've learnt the business division doesn't have a bank account? So our money has gone to the private division. Yet I've always paid this way?? I use our Customer Reference as a reference?
9.32am and I haven't had breakfast yet, I just thought I would catch up on a few things in the office first - little did I know........
Hope they talk to me soon as I have a hair dressers appointment at 12.00!!
Almost 19 minutes later and several songs on the phone later - I'm still here...... Can you tell I'm bored, fed up -
All sorted - 19.55 minutes later, they have our money - they will transfer it! YAY - modern technology saving time?? Next time maybe I will write a cheque and drive 20 minutes into town to post it or take it to the P0st shop! Of to have breakfast!
Have a good weekend!
7 comments:
Ha! Glad you got it sorted, modern technology is NO FASTER THAN DOING IT the old fashioned way I have found! Have a neat weekend, I am going to by hook or by crook!
Don't you just hate sitting there on the phone waiting, waiting, waiting.....and the music is not all that apealling either.....
Hope you had a great pamper at the hairdressers...my turn tomorrow...
Have a great weekend...
Hi Anne,
Hope you had a lovely weekend.
I'm also dumbfounded at the amount of time I've had to spend on the phone with certain organisations because they haven't received my weekly/monthly payment which I have set up on automatic payment through internet banking.
I like your christmas goals, may have to think of a few myself ;)
Well, at least you could fill in the time blogging.
Like your goals too.
Don't get me started!!
I phoned Telecom on Thursday mornign only to have to repeat myself time and time again to a flippin robot that "understands what I say". Personally it just freaks the hell out of me!!
hehe I had a similar episode last week with a bank!! We direct credited a produce supplier through the bank and 3 days later it still hadn't showed up in their bank account. Turns out the bank teller wrote down the account number wrong on an internal paperwork and it was sitting in some 'unprocessed' account going nowhere. I was then told it would take another 2 days to be corrected... that was until I jumped up and down and spat the dummy ... then miraculously it was all fixed!!!
Dealing with banks, telephone companies, insurance companies etc has been known to reduce me to tears of frustration. Lucky for them I cant reach through the phone.... Anyway thank goodness you have retained your sense of humour - well done.
Post a Comment