Blogging for me.
**UPDATE**
Day One
Points 19.5
Water 2 litres plus
Exercise Aqua deep
Steps 5840
My snacks were fruit not muesli bars or similar:)
I resisted the open packet of crackers biscuits and dried apricots in the pantry that I find myself eating (and not always counting)
Could have walked more – but too cold and wet!!
I had a great day, (but then Day 1’s usually are!)
The next three days are going to be the challenging ones but saving points for tonight to help. I'm also doing a gym session and aqua aerobics today.
I like having this down in black and white!
Thanks for your support and comments:)
I love reading other blogs, I have my favorites and now after meeting a few fellow bloggers I make sure I check in and see how they are doing. I feel we can share lifes ups and downs - it's great network support. There are some inspiring people out there!
But lately I’ve been thinking what I’m getting out of updating my blog. I tend to write about what's happening in my life but at times I feel what I’m writing is very little to do with what I’m really trying to achieve and aim for. Being a bit older (well just a little) than most of you out there, initially I just wanted to get out to anyone in my age group how fantastic I feel after losing some weight, going out and doing exercise, getting right out of my comfort zone and joining a gym! Aiming to fitter and healthier. LOL I'm sure some of my old friends think I've lost the plot because this is not the person they have known for years. Get them sometimes looking a me a confused way - saying are you still going to the gym?? That's why I so appreciate new friends I've made along the way as they do understand!!!
By blogging I wanted people to get some support through me showing that it’s possible to change around your life no matter what age you are. It is possible, if I can do what I’ve done anyone can! I know I’ve come a long way, but I also know for some time now I’m also going around in circles, weight going up and down. I feel great about the exercise I’m achieving but week after week I just seem to struggle with the food side and dealing with weekends and social events. By saying that I don’t mean I’m stuffing my face, I’m still careful - but not careful enough. Every single week lately seems to really challenge me - where to start with I never felt like this. It’s a constant battle!! When I first started WW I could take different situations in my stride and get away with the odd indulgence, meal out etc – now as I am closer to goal I can’t get away with anything!
I want to be able to cope on 18-20 points a day – but it can be so hard! On a normal day when I can plan, all goes well but I’ve realized it’s the social stuff I’m struggling with. For instance this weekend both Friday and Saturday nights we have birthday parties, both are for meals - no idea what! Then on Sunday we have been invited out for dinner!! Our lives aren’t normally this busy socially but at least once a week there is a situation that I’m in where I haven’t got control over what I’m going to be eating. I suppose I’m also tired of trying to be careful, tired of trying to get to goal, wish I could just not worry about food, but luckily I still want to win. I say luckily as by feeling like this I know I won’t give up, despite the many frustrations at times.
So to help me I need to write my points consumption down on a daily basis, and I’m going to use the blog to do it. I need to see exactly what I’m doing, if I go over I’ll do my best to judge the points and count them! Not forget them and start again the next day! I need to look at my points over the whole week – so a day or so over points I need to learn (again) to cut back the next day. I will also keep track of all exercise here. So at the end of every entry I do I'm going to record my points, my exercise and how I feel I’ve coped with the day. It may be a bit boring to read but it’s my record for me. It will make me be accountable as I need to really start helping myself! Today is Day 1 - tracking again! God knows how many times I've said that over the past few years - but on here I have to do it!!
Yesterday one of my aqua friends had a birthday and another woman suggested the three of us met up for lunch and a coffee. I’m always a starter to met up with friends over a coffee so skipped my lunch time aqua class – but pleased to say lunch wasn’t a blow out as it could have been – I had a yummy chicken salad and a trim cappuccino, we had a great time and also a bit of a giggle on the comments of how we look different with clothes on and dry hair!! I went to the gym in the afternoon and had a great session there – so great choice for lunch and I still got my exercise done. I know I can do it - I just have to keep at it. I’ve done a month on my new program at the gym, and have started to increase weights and reps, feeling good about it all but wondering how the next assessment will go. I can really feel and see the difference in my arms and legs. Not sure if the middle part of me will descrease:(
One last thing – I love getting comments and support. Any suggestions of how to deal with three meals out three nights in a row would be greatly appreciated!!! Help needed here.
9 comments:
I think you are doing a great job. I don't think there is anyone who blogs who doesn't like getting comments - for me it is the reinforcement that someone is reading what I am saying and that it may make a difference to what they do or how they cope with a situation.
It is really difficult when you are not in control of your meal. The best you can do is make the best choices you can, estimate the points where you can and then yes, cut back the next day if you need to. For me, the hardest thing is trying to find the balance between being completely obsessed with what goes into my mouth and living a normal life with my family. I don't know that I have got it quite right but I am doing what I can with what I have at the moment.
If you can plan low point days around your socialising that should help with the additional points that you will eat when out.
Take care and keep up the great job that you are doing !
Lotsa hugs to you.
Me
Firstly - I love reading your blog. I may not comment every day but I do read every entry :-)
I think you are doing brilliantly. I would have thrown my hands up in frustration at the points thing by now, and I guess in my own way I have. I don't really think in points etc - but coming from the perspective where I am at now, the way I would personally deal with 3 nights out in a row, is to choose something you really like, and just eat as much of it as you need to be satisfied, and then stop - just when your hunger is satisfied. You could always take the leftovers home with you. I know it's easier said than done, but it's something I am trying to learn to do, so I can go into any situation and not feel overwhelmed by the choices and the food!
I too read every day and try to comment whenever I can and I feel I have something "useful" to say :)
I must say I do agree with Kates point of view in regards to eating out - choose something you like, eat as much as you need to be satisfied and stop then... YOU CAN DO THIS!!
*hugs*
Anne, I can't help but admire your spirit. You are completely determined to finish what you started.
As for the meals out - vegetable! Fill up on veges and salads as much as you can and minimise your protein intake.
Hello Anne,
Thanks for your comment on my blog. It is nice to get comments and feel one's communicating with someone, isn't it? I have been so busy that I haven't been reading my favourites, including yours, so I had a nice 4 of yours to catch up on this evening.
I've done the backing-into-another car-that-wasn't-usually-there trick too, only in my case it was into the street, and into the car belonging to elderly friends of our neighbours. Even more embarrassing! Well, they shouldn't have parked in the turning circle, should they?
Good luck with the eating. I know the problem!
Hi Anne, you've got all the tools - sauces on the side, tomatoe based instead of cream based etc etc so do the best you can and if you really get hung up on something ... have it! just limit it and thats a goal in itself. Just remember the reason for the celebrations, its not the food its the people. Enjoy yourself, cos you look gorgeous and everyone will notice ;)
Hey Anne...
I agree with all the ladies out there. I come to realise that I can go out to dinner and lunch etc as long as my choices are good. But then there are sometimes you want the naughty stuff... then save points for it. You can do this. My theory is that you need to live your life to the fullest as you have one life to live.
I have only just found your diary my friend and I will be reading and commenting YOU CAN BET YOU BOOTS HE HE HE.
Love CM
Sometimes it is difficult to comment. It can take a lot of time and energy particularly when you find yourself struggling through the day. The good thing about this community is that we understand this about each other and we are there to comment and offer support when it is needed. I worry about this myself at times and feel guilty when I don't feel I am commenting or supporting enough. But I know really that it is Ok and life gets in the way. I also know how much I need the support of this community and that it is a two way street. Balance is what is needed and sometime sthat is hard. Try not to worry too much about it an dlook after your own needs first. You have done so well and will continue to do well.
I have been thinking about you today and now I come here and you have some brilliant posts. I knew there had to be a reason :D
You do inspire me, and you make me realise that it doesn't matter what age we are in this journey, the basics still apply and we can have fun and live our life and do what we need to do and still be healthy. Yes, it is hard sometimes and it can feel like it is never going to end, but really it won't end. Not until we do anyway LOL.
I think it is a great idea to put your points down each day. I have been doing that for a couple of weeks now and find that it has helped me to focus more as I don't want to write down that I had over 25 points and that 10 of them were sugar (yep that was my day LOL).
You are doing so well and with your focus you will keep doing well.
Hope you have a lovely weekend :D
Post a Comment