Thanks!
Thanks for all your comments and thoughts, they were really so much appreciated. I've been thinking of the family in Scotland constantly, and last night before bedtime (the day of the funeral over there) MM and I sat and talked about my cousin and our thoughts were well and truly with them all. The service idea was lovely - but as I said not even my sister had met this cousin or really knew him- only me, so it didn't happen.
I've had a reasonable week both with food and exercise and did track, I finished the week just over with points, I did 1 gym session (walked a couple of days instead of the gym) five aqua, plus two good walks............ then damn it all - the exercise has had to ease up:(
I've slept in the spare room the past few nights - no we haven't had an argument, just MM has been really sick, both a head cold and a gastric tummy bug and I didn't want to catch it!! (Although a sure way to lose weight!) I got up during the night in the dark and walked in a dressing table and really stubbed my little toe, it's black!! How much can a little toe hurt? Quite a bit - I can barely wear shoes.
Then.... at aqua the other night I landed on my dicey ankle and jarred it(the one I fractured a couple of years ago) and I feel like the liagments aren't right - so I'm off to physio shortly:(
So in the meantime I'm neither walking or going to the gym, but should be able to keep aqua going (the physio recommended it last time when I was getting over my fractured my ankle so should be ok.)
We went our normal aqua class the other night to find about 30 rugby players joining in the class. It made it quite hard going as they were diving in, splashing and generally having a ball! I could see the funny side especially when they all started to sing at the top of their voices to the music - but I know when trying to keep out of the mayhem I sort of landed on my ankle in the shallow bit and thought ouch - then later also collected a couple of bumps on my feet as going around - and they hurt! Next day it was quite sore. Looking back maybe they should really have had a separate session for them as it was far too crowded, they were quite rough in moving around, the splashing was quite bad (I looked a little like a drowned rat after the session!) A few times I found my self trying to get out of their way to avoid the splashing and that's when I tweaked my ankle. I know a couple of women complained afterwards - mainly ços they felt their work out wasn't as effective due to the high jinks.
****UPDATE****
Visit to physio confirmed it. I have a sprained ankle and ligament damage. Quite swollen, but I'm sure it will come right soon - well hope so anyway. Had treatment and go back next week - he said to take it easy at aqua, no walks just yet, no exercyle but I can do weights at gym - just not leg extensions. So I limped into the chemist - purchased strapping and asked what I could shield my toe with, the assistant said with a grin that they also hire out crutches! Funny lady.
so frustrating! I did enjoy the couple of walks I had during the week and was getting into it, on two days I did over 11,000 steps each day which is good for me.
On a lighter note - LOL at my two daughters, both building new houses. They are so different, would never wear the same clothes, one daughter is placid, cruisy - the other is out there, funny but you don't mess with her. They couldn't believe it (nor could I) after both going through numerous wallpaper books and carpet samples - they picked exactly the same wallpaper and carpet!!! Neither had even seen what the other had been looking at!! Then I cracked up when the placid daughter was telling me this on the phone and how they were going to change, then she commented that her sister had just pulled up - in walked the D2 with a vinyl sample and I could hear her say -
"this is what I've picked for the bathroom etc"
D1 - "that's the one I picked!!"
D2 - " you are joking?!"
D1 - ''Sorry - Í'm not!"
D2 - Jokingly but probably a little serious too - ''You bitch!!" meanwhile I'm left sitting holding the phone having a laugh!
I'm sure they will get it sorted, I'm keeping out of it though.
9 comments:
Sorry to hear about your ankle and toe problems and I hope they come right soon but do take it easy and then they will heal quicker (hopefully) and then you will be back into the swing of things :)
LOL @ your daughters and their choices! Do keep us posted on the progress....
you are in the wars aren't you. Take it easy and don't beat yourself up about not being able to exercise as much as you would like. Love the story about your daughters.
Lol @ your daughters - sounds like something my sister and I might do!
See, they will have to admit they are sisters after all LOL.
After receiving lots of sage advice when I injured my calf I can only offer you the same back. Rest the injury as you don't want it to set you back weeks or months - rather than days, but try and do whatever doesn't involve that body part. And you seem to already have this worked out.
Now - time to play. Your letter is 'W'. I'll be back :D
Crack up at your daughters - they must be more similar than you all thought!
Hope you're looking after yourself. It's so frustrating not being able to exercise - but don't let it be an excuse for your eating to go to the pack, too! Maybe you could do some swimming as well?
We truly are becoming the walking wounded arent we? Isnt it amazing how the children can be so different yet so alike! Take care of yourself and make sure you recuperate.
:o)
I came to comment about your injuries and your daughters, but think I'll give a high five to Corbin instead - how cute is he!!!!
My sympathy also, for your bereavement and also your injuries. I didn't realise you were a Scot by descent. I've always wanted to visit New Zealand but it's an awfully long way away. For past generations particularly, going that far must have been quite a thought. Hope you feel better soon.
So sorry to hear about your cousin.
OMG, you poor thing having a sprained ankle. Hope it soon mends. Take care xx
Post a Comment