Sunday, May 21

Sunday - Still here and still tracking but...

Still here and still tracking. I went over on points yesterday but will aim for a couple of better days to compensate! I'm finding looking at the week as a whole helps me, juggling points around if I've gone over. The past couple of days though, I've found it a bit tougher and wanting to pick and break out. I just don't feel quite as focused as last week. Yesterday I bought some basil pesto with cashews and parmesan cheese (yum) and some bagels for a snack for MM, my reasoning was that it was Saturday night and he would enjoy it. Deep down I should have known it wasn't him I wanted to please, it was me!! So I did and enjoyed, then I worked out the points in the pesto - about half a point a teaspoon and who can stop at one teaspoon!! Not me - it's verrrry moreish. Next time I think of a treat to buy for MM - it won't be something I love. The pattern is quite obvious - weekends are usually my downfall.

I'm also feeling a bit tired and the energy levels seem to have taken a dive. Friday was a real push to get myself to do any exercise. I was mentally making excuses why I didn't have time, but shook myself out of thinking any further and went off to the gym. Somedays looking at what I'm trying to do just feels too hard! Days where I think of what's ahead, at a time of my life when life should be getting a little easier, here I am trying to get fit. Silly woman I do really do things the wrong way around, I should have been doing this years ago! Sounds a bit silly but I also have been thinking the question - how long do I have to keep going to the gym? The reality is probably as long as I'm physically able otherwise what is the point if I don't keep it up! Does that make sense, there is no point at me aiming to increase my fitness levels, build muscle, and trying tone this body if I don't keep at it. All this would have been for nothing. In the meantime I've got to just take one day at a time and get on with it. It sounds like I don't like the gym, but it's not really that. I don't usually like the thought of going but once I'm there, it's fine and I do love the feeling I have walking out knowing that another session is completed. Pat on the back Anne!

Sunday afternoon and I don't seem to achieved much this weekend, it's gone too fast!! I was looking forward to a ''free'' weekend but still seems to have been full on. So much I wanted to get done didn't happen.

On Friday after gym and aqua I met up with Jenny for a quick coffee, quick because I had to fly off and collect Devin from school. Was lovely to met up though. Friday night was a kebab night, the fire going and of course the Hurricanes!! How close that game was, and they did it! I mentioned how I felt pleased when the gym people knew my name. I found it quite funny when I went in and got kebabs on Friday and the owner looked at me and said garlic yoghurt, tabboule (mm how do you spell that?) and no dressing! He knew what I wanted and we don't have them that often!! Pacha's Kebabs in Cuba St, if you are ever up this way try them!!

Saturday our neighbour phoned and invited me over for a coffee, I decided to walk, even though it is our next door neighbour the return trip is about a kilometre, after the coffee she decided to walk back to our house with me and then we both just kept on walking - so I managed to up those steps at last. Was a lovely morning for a walk and I think if I had company would do it more often. A couple of good hills as well which gets the heart rate up! Saturday afternoon we checked out the building progress on the two new homes, wow they bang them up quickly, one day a concrete pad, the next, frame work is up. Exciting for both families though. Today my sister came for lunch, along with one of our daughters and her family, so I decided to hold of on house work until the kids had gone home, so will have to get the vacumn cleaner out. MM is not well, has a head cold and men do seem to get sicker than us females. I'm serious here:) During the night he got up and took disprin for a headache on an empty stomach and is not feeling too good at the moment, we aren't sure if it is the disprin reacting or now has a tummy bug. He didn't have lunch and by the way he's looking he won't want dinner either.


SUMMARY - Weekly points allowed 140
Day 1
6890 Steps
19 points
Exercise: Aqua Deep
Very hard session at pool, at one stage they had half the class running one way in the water and the rest the other, big current going - felt like I was running through mud!!

Day 2
5330 steps
19 points
Exercise: Gym, Aqua aerobics
Didn't want to go today!! Had to just push thoughts aside and get on with it.


Day 3
11055 steps
24.5 points
Exercise: Walk
Pleasant walk, a couple of hills. Feeling a bit better.

Day 4
still in progress - but feeling tired!! No exercise so far (Sunday though) Not looking forward to either gym or aqua tomorrow - or work:(

Weekly summary so far:
23275 steps
60.5 points
79.5 points left
Exercise: 1 walk, 1 aqua deep, 1 aqua aerobics, 1 gym session

5 comments:

Emily Campbell - Independent Stampin' Up!® Demonstrator said...

As I just commented to Karen - why can't the weekends be just a little bit longer, we would be able to get so much more done!! Sounds like you had a nice busy one though, and well done on keeping those steps up.

By the way, 24.5 points a day would be a great accomplishment for me!!!

Chubbymum said...

OMG you had a busy week... what a great effort you are putting into this hun.

Love the pesto, nuts etc...hmmmmmmm it is great when we treat ourselves though.... I hope there was something there that hubby liked he he he

Love CM

Kate said...

Sounds like a lovely weekend - and well done on all the effort you are putting in.

And that dip sounds dangerous - is it one of those chunky ones? I think I have tried them and it was devine - we had it on toast!! Naughty :-)

Helena said...

isnt it the coolest when you talk your mates (neighbour) into exercising with you :)

Lyn said...

Hi Anne,

Thanks for your comment on my blog. I'm feeling much better today and lost 800g this week.

Cheers
Lyn :)