I can't believe how stupid I am!
Accidents do happen but I can't believe how stupid I am!! On Tuesday I jumped into my car, reversing out of the garage into the yard turning to the left like I do probably a couple of times a day for the past 14 years - not looking behind me and crash, bang!! Our son had parked our other vehicle out there and I hit the bloody thing. Not his fault - totally mine as I didn't look - in fact I probably have never looked before just expected that area was empty and I just reverse out swing to the left and then off down the drive. Darling son with a bit of a grin said he couldn't believe how I had done that - I felt like saying (but didn't) I can't belive you parked there!! The vehicle he parked there is the one I've been too worried causing damage too that I have never driven the thing - instead I crashed it without even getting behind the wheel!! How stupid is that!! Minimal damage to my old bomb that I drive every day but quite a bit to the other vehicle, we have phoned the insurance company but looks like the claim is around the price of our excess so may just have to pay it. Grrr!!! Devin our grandson was in the car when he happened, he loved it!! Much to our kids amusement he went home and demonstrated with matchbox cars what nana had done. How embarrassing!!
And our son - he's quite cruisy and although I thought we had our kids reasonably sort of trained in their younger days, he reverts back at times when here to early teenage years! I'm sure he thinks dishes, coffee mugs mysteriously recycle themselves into the dishwasher with no effort from anyone (or maybe that could be the chef in him??) Lovely to have him though - just need the girls up here to give me a bit of female company/support as MM and son when together are in a bit of a world of their own. Although he did take over the pumpkin soup making tonight and somehow made my mundane soup taste delicious:)
I met up with Felicity again today. She's a lovely person, a woman on a mission and has such a great outlook on her weight loss journey. A lot of determination, a lot of hard work and look out the shops when she reaches goal weight!! You looked fantastic today Felicity and great shopping skills:)
This is a hurried entry as MM, myself, son and a few assorted people are heading to the beach again and I have to pack. We come back Sunday and then out to dinner for our son and daughters birthday (twins and we are celebrating a day early) hoping to book in to a local Turkish restaurant which has very yummy (and healthy) food.
This blog is also meant to be about weight loss, progress etc so to fill you in- I finally got another battery for the scales. Such a weird feeling hopping on this morning after weeks of not weighing.... and would you believe I'm the same weight!!! Still hovering around 71 k's. Not bad and and really not good - still means the 1-2 kilos I gained are still with me. Another Grrr!!
Also this week since Monday (now I'm impressed with me here) I've done 7 sessions of exercise of either aqua or gym! No chance of going to either for a couple of day so my little challenge to me is while at the beach to do over the three days 30,000 steps. Will be pushing it as it looks like quite a social weekend ahead.
Catch you later:)
5 comments:
Like LG - I relate so well to how you felt - have also been there and done that! Smiled at the thought of Devin doing the demo - nothing's secret! Hope you have a great weekend at the beach.
Cheers
Z
Lol, oh dear!! We've all done something similar, I bet!
Bugger about the car, but well done on the exercise. Here's a thought to help you exercise when you're at the beach - when we're out on the yacht, Dad doesn't let us have our evening gin until we've swum to the shore and back! Maybe you could say you're not allowed your first drink till you've hit 9000 steps?
You are not alone - I have done something similar at least twice and it is hard not to say, "well why were you behind me?" when they have every right to be there LOL. Your grandson probably thinks you're a legend! Have a good weekend.
:o)
Oh no, hope your pride has recovered from the ding in the car!!! LOL at Devin's re-enactment, kids are so cute.
Well done on your maintenance without having the Scales to check your progress.
Post a Comment