Bad habits and our girl's night out
I got tagged – (I think just about everyone has done this so I won’t tag anyone else)
When cooking or preparing food I tend to open the pantry and any cupboards and drawers I need things out of – and then leave them open!! If I go out of the room and come back in it looks as if we have been burgled!
Also have a bad habit of leaving lights on in rooms once I've left them.
Fingernails, even though finally I’ve stopped biting them, I keep finding myself putting my fingers in my mouth.
Finding myself quite often searching for either car keys or my glasses! Maybe I need to tie them both around my neck at times!
I have a really unnatural fear of heights; I even don’t like using escalators.
I had a productive but also a fun weekend.
Productive as finally have got our house back into order after waiting almost a year for the carpet to be replaced and having kept a lot of things still packed. It feels good!! Also I sat down and got some much needed work done for the computer paper I’m doing – first test this Friday!!! It is a practical one so hopefully shouldn’t be too hard. Quite full on though getting through all the exercises and also keeping up the theory.
Fun – a friend got roped into being asked to go and see a play by someone she works with who was helping with it. It is a local production, so she suggested that we make a night out with my daughters and her son’s partner. We went out to a café first, all the girls got on so well, over a couple of drinks I might add. One of my daughters could only have one drink because of the medication she is on to try and get the arthritis under control – so she was our driver. (Which worked out well for the rest of us!) The play wasn’t really our thing but had its moments and was quite clever. There was also a bar there so we could have a drink while watching the play! Then the young ones wanted to go into town (for more drinks) we compromised and ended up at a café that did both coffees and drinks. The one thing I’ve learnt with age is when to stop!! Not so for the two younger ones, the cocktails were coming out and my already normally funny daughter was funnier than ever. We finally headed home – but when I got dropped off, daughter insisted in coming in and singing to her dad (he was in bed sound asleep but luckily he has a sense of humour!) I had a laugh at watching her getting out of her high heel boots, and then more of a laugh seeing her trying to get back into them. We all agreed it was a fun girl’s night out and there will be more! And the funny daughter did not even have a hang over!
Our other daughter who is having the arthritis problems has an appointment at the hospital and is there right now – so hoping they can help get her back on track. The same daughter heads off to the UK in just under three weeks along with her husband and two young children under four!! Imagine it! Glad we aren’t on that plane. They have a family wedding over there. Fingers crossed for them that the situation with flights eases and there are no more scares.
We have one of our old London flat mates coming for dinner tonight. Will be good to catch up, althought not the best of circumstances as he is down as his mother is really ill.
I better go and get back to work, – have a great week.
2 comments:
Wow the girls night out sounds like lots of fun - and yes we all need to have them a lot more often! We are having one day here this week :)
Take care and I hope you have a good week hun
Girls nights out are so great! My Mum and Dad were tryig to fly from San Fran to Canada when it all happened - they had some fun and games.
Post a Comment