Relaxing weekend
We decided spur of the moment to head away for the weekend. It's my birthday this week and rather than a present we thought a couple of days away would be the way to celebrate (although I don't mind if I get a present too!!). We went to Taupo, left on Friday afternoon and spent the first night at a friends's bach on the other side of the lake. We stopped at Tokaanu and had a soak in the hot pools on the way! 38 degrees and bliss. The trip up was magic, as there had been a fresh lot of snow. The Desert Rd was closed until mid morning and the mountains were covered. On Saturday we headed into Taupo, found a motel and then went wandering around the shops, also went to the hot pools there. Had a lovely Thai meal out on Saturday night and a couple of wines. Sunday - more shopping! I stocked up on a couple of t-shirts for summer and another dressier top. (More incentive to keep going with trying to get more weight off as the tops are just a little snug!) We had a walk along side the lake and then headed home. We got home late afternoon after a relaxing couple of days.
Our daughter, son in law and their two little boys are also off on a trip this coming weekend, although a lot further afield than ours!! They are of to the UK for a family wedding. Imagine it - two little boys aged almost four and two - flying all that distance! Glad I'm not on that plane!! They do have a stop over but only over night. Our daughter took a trip to the doctors during the week to see what she could do to help the boys. She has a prescription to help calm them down and the doctor told her to try it out before she went. It worked on the Casey one but Jordyn is almost four didn't get sleepy at all. The worse part is that Casey doesn't actually get a seat unless by a stroke of luck there is a spare one, which means they have to hold him all the way!!!! One wriggly little boy....
Food choices over the weekend - ok - but too much of it!! Friday night we went to a local pub, I was thinking off what options I could have, but then found out there was only one and that was a four course buffet! I didn't have soup, or desert but managed to eat a lot more than I would have at home! Lunch time Saturday we had a roast beef sandwich which was also full of tomatoes, lettuce, onion etc but just so filling. Then we went off for dinner neither of us feeling that hungry after lunch, but I still opted for two courses, the first was a Tom Yum soup, then I had a seafood stir fry which was lovely, but I was so full and uncomfortable afterwards! So while not perfect still not overboard. No exercise though apart from a couple of little walks.
Another week - back into the exercise, water, and weigh in on Wednesday - fingers crossed.
The birthday - to the grandsons a birthday is cake! We decided to have a cake for them after their dinner and then we thought takeaways for us, but then both daughters said why don't we have the cake for the kids, have a drink then go out for dinner, just them and us, leaving the guys home to babysit! Being a week night we couldn't really take the kids with us and I don't think they would really enjoy it. I didn't think that was fair on either son-on-law to be at home with the kids but the daughters are saying things along the line of they won't mind and tough luck! LOL!
5 comments:
so what day is the birthday. Have agreat day. Hugs
Glad you had a nice weekend away - and which day is your birthday??????? :):):) I like your daughters suggestion for your birthday dinner though :)
Sounds like you had a gorgeous weekend!! I really don't envy that long plane trip - argh! Coming home from Sydney with Amelia aged 1 was BAD enough, lol. She screamed for about half an hour while we were waiting on the runway to take off (i.e. in an otherwise silent and grumpy plane full of people), and was a little monkey for the bits of the flight that she wasn't screaming for. ARGH. Hopefully they will have a much much better time!
Have a lovely Birthday Anne!
What a wonderful weekend you had you lucky thing...........Happy Birthday for this week as well.
I agree with your daughters, let the boys babysit........LOL
Post a Comment