Roll on summer!!
The day started frosty - a white one and very cold!!! I'm hanging out for Summer! Seemed weird heading of to the swimming pool with my togs on under my layers and layers of warm clothes, driving past paddocks of white frost. The pool complex is really warm though and the water is just right. LOL it seemed even weirder on the way home as I when getting changed I found I had left my undies at home!
Last night at WW a woman became a life time member. Everyone did the clapping thing but I was really interested in this woman's story, because as a weigher I know she has really struggled. She told how she lost weight to start with and then reached a point where she spent the next two years fluctuating up and down! That sounded so familiar!! It got through to me though that she didn't give up and now at last she is where she wants to be. Imagine how many times she would have felt like saying enough! I know we all start WW with great expectations, well I know I did. I knew how much I had to lose and I thought of the time frame. I thought maybe a year would do it. I have thought several times that maybe if I knew in advance how hard it was going to be I would have just flagged it and not continued. But I'm pleased that's not the case. It's frustrating at times but in saying that I feel at lot better hovering a few kilos above my goal weight than being almost thirty above it and not trying. I'm so determined I'm not giving up, I'm determined that I will get there. I felt a lot more hopeful after hearing the story last night.
Thanks to
Thanks also for the encouragement after the little loss I had. I've managed to stop the pantry grazing that I had got into the habit off and the few times I've found myself looking I come across fruit, corn wafers, rice cakes and WW muesli bars that I've stocked up on - so not so much temptation to have something high in points. Silly as you learn all this at WW, time and time I've heard of the foods you should have on hand, but then sometimes it's easy just to forget.
Have a great week:)
3 comments:
We are in almost the same place re weight loss Anne. And we are not going to give up. We will get to goal weight and if it takes 2 or 3 years so be it. Glad to hear you are enjoying your kickboxing. I cannot imagine doing it in the water but love it on land.
Its a long bumpy road my friend but think of the fun you'd have missed out on if u had given up.
onwards and down wards
Found your blog quite by accident and surprized by our similar goals....keep up the great work...we will succeed, we will get there.
Onwards and downwards,
Jen
Post a Comment