Happy Farmers day!!
We started the day off early as we were off to the airport to see our daughter, son in law and their two little boys head off for their trip to the UK. Over time we've had loads of farewells at airports, some gut wrenching ones as well. This one however is only for five weeks but it still felt a little sad saying goodbye. Such a long way with two children. My daughter sent me a text when they arrived in Auckland to say that half way up to Auckland Jordyn (three and half) looked out the plane window and said he thought he could see England!! If only he knew how much further he had to go! The departure had just a small drama. Our other daughter had to deliver her sister's car back, we waved them off, went upstairs and then realised they still had the keys - on the plane! Thanks to the airport staff member who had to race over to the plane and rescue them (just in the nick of time). Fynn then gave grand dad a little present, and wished him "happy farmer's day, well we do live in the country so I suppose it makes sense!
I think I spoke a little too soon in saying that I was cruising along quite nicely. Friday night I did a bit of damage. We were invited to the child care's birthday, it was a disco combined with a takeaway meal. We thought we would just go and watch and head into town and buy a kebab. The kebabs are filling so I hadn't had anything to eat since lunch time, - mistake!!! We were surrounded by fish and chips also bowls of chippies. Couldn't resist it and I had a few chips, then just a few more chippies. I never learn!! We went out then to a cafe, and both said we felt too full to have kebabs, we sat over a drink and then decided to order just a light meal from the menu. MM chose some oysters and then a small plate of nachos. I ordered an open chicken sandwich, asked for the sauce on the side, but never thought to ask for the dressing on the side!! Just didn't think - and it was covered in dressing. Then I had to have an oyster and just a few nachos ( I did manage to ignore the sour cream!) Not too bad and I suppose it could have been worse - but just out of curiousity I jumped on the scales next morning and they were back up to 73 kilos! Doesn't take much!! I tend to think it probably could be a bit of fluid retentation as the food I had was salty. Weekends always seem to get me somewhere along the way! I will weigh in again Wednesday and see if I can reverse the damage by then.
I should be out in the garden, but struggled a bit with the exercises for the course on Friday so have spent a good part of the day going over the work, I think my head is getting back into the right place.
I'm planning to turn around what I said above about weekends always seem to get me sort of admitting defeat before I even start, so maybe why that's why they do get me! My one aim for the coming week is to be able to get through next weekend with out any downfalls.
After the farewell at the airport, we were planning to race home and watch the replay of the All Blacks game - but my daughter's friend told us the score at the airport!! Grrr!
1 comment:
LOL @ Jordyn's comment about being able to see England! Yes he did have a long way to go... and hope the rest of the trip goes well for them all.
LOL @ Flynn's comment about Happy Farmers day! What a cutie :)
Take care and have a good weekq
Post a Comment