Thursday, September 28

I'm a bit of a softie

I'm a bit of a softie and an email from my daughter just bought a few tears to my eyes. They have just left Blackpool and are now in London before flying out next Monday. She said there wasn't room in the car for her mother-in-law when they went to the airport, so said their good-byes after which her mother-in-law had to run back into the house. I imagine she would be quite cut up not knowing when she would see her son and little grandsons as well as our daughter again. What is making it worse for her is that her other son and partner are also immigrating here and leave next month. Our little grandson Jordyn said on the plane as he headed back to London that his Nana was sad cos she wouldn't see him for a whole day. It seems as if a couple of emails didn't reach here, but I finally found out the flight over was hellish, with Casey crying all the way to Hong Kong! As he's not two yet they didn't get a seat for him and there were no spare seats, Jordyn fell asleep on the floor and the only way they could get Casey to settle on the haul to London was to put him in two seats to sleep, which left one seat for my daughter and her husband!! Don't know how they worked that one out.....

When I started this blog I thought it best for some reason to keep our kids names out of it, but I really can't see it matters, so here goes - the daughter overseas is Rachel (mum to Jordyn and Casey) Deb or Deborah is our daughter here (Devin's and Fynn's mum) and our son in Nelson is David.

Rachel commented to me that when her brother-in-law and his partner immigrate here that our Christmas times will never be the same. As they will have no other family they will spend Christmas with us. It will be fun to have an another couple of people join us, but Rachel is right our Christmas times will change. The two that are going to immigrate here are a lovely couple, just maybe a little different to most couples in that they are both guys. When Rachel first told us her future brother in law was gay she said how lovely he was and how much fun and when they went out it was just like going out with one of the girls! After meeting him I could see what she meant. He came over when Rachel got married and on first meeting him you could tell he was special, he just leapt up and gave me a huge hug. Then the pair of them came back last year to see what they thought of New Zealand, they loved and went back to London to start their plans.

Deb our other daughter is in Wellington today for a job interview, it is a new position created and she has been doing the job anyway but all going well this will make it offical. She is a little nervous as she goes in front of a board but I'm confident she'll be fine.

You can see I've fiddled about with my blog a bit more - but somehow have managed to have my ticker thingie on every entry?? Doesn't really matter but I wish I knew more about web sites. The one thing my course doesn't cover!

Wondering if this rain is ever going to stop!

Catch you later:)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Poor little Casey, I hope he has a better trip back.

I felt really sorry for Rachel's mother-in-law when I read she ran back inside as my mother lives in Australia and my husband's mother lives in Gisborne and we also have limited visits with Grandmothers which is really sad.

I hope Deb gets the job!

Felicity said...

I feel for your daugther and her family hope the trip back is less stressful.

meggie said...

Hi Anne,
I hope, if you are still reading me, you were not offended by the hair raising Rant. Being a larger girl than I used to be, I sympathise with the battle of the 'wait, weight' etc.
I would never normally critcise someone for being F A T, but that guy was just obscene.

I was interested to read of the Gay couple. As a family, we seem to have more than our share, & most of them are just such lovely people, who could not love them-& wish all of life's best for them.

Pam said...

Oh, I absolutely feel for your Rachel's mother-in-law. It's my idea of one of the worst things that could happen - one of my children going to Australia or New Zealand. I know we don't own our children, but if they went so far away... I would be so upset. In fact, I really want them all to live in the next street!

jen said...

All the best for your daughters welcome home..

Dreary rain ehhhh, hope it stops soon..

Jen