Then and now
I felt my last entry was a bit of a negative one. It wasn't meant to, just somedays I find myself taking long hard looks at me and what I'm doing. I've found trying to lose weight or maintain has made me really get to know myself, my strengths and weaknesses, why I act like I do, and how to help myself. Getting those thoughts down always help!!
Since that entry I've stepped up the intensity of my exercise a bit more. Day 1 = 10,610 steps and Day 2 = 10,038 (LOL I wasn't going to bed until I hit 10,000 even if it meant trecking around the garage a few times just before 10.00pm - madness but I did it!) This is on top of aqua. To me this is a lot of steps, my normal days steps would sit around 3,000 so apart from aqua this is probably really inactive. I've been to walking up to our neighbours which involves two very steep hills and off shortly to hit the hills again.
As I said I didn't mean the entry to be negative, but it's helped me take another look at how to help me. I've been really aware with food and have managed to stop picking extras. I'm trying hard to stop those old habits kicking back in.
I quite often think back at how far I've come and on a more positive note here's a bit of then and now ramblings.
Then Top weight: 98.2
Now 72.2
Then BMI: 36.1 (obese)
Now BMI: 26.5 (almost normal)
Then Blood pressure: 160/110!!
Now Blood pressure: 135/70 (still on medication)
Then Confidence and self esteem - very low
Now Confidence and self esteem - so much better
Then Activity - almost zilch
Now Activity - daily exercise and working to increase intensity
Then Shopping - my idea of a treat was something for the kitchen
Now Shopping - clothes!!!
Then Favourite takeaways - fish and chips
Now Favourite takeaways - sushi or kebabs
Then Favourite type of meal - lasagne, piles of cheese sauce
Now Favourite type of meal - low fat curry, piles of veges
You get the picture - life is a whole lot better these days.
Weigh in yesterday resulted in staying the same. That's ok as I managed to turn around the not so good weekend.
This coming weekend is at the beach. A big challenge to me here. I'm got into my head that the beach weekends mean a mini break/ holiday which means good times, relaxing times which means food and drink! The just one won't hurt way of thinking! I'm aiming to turn it around, I can still have the good times, I can still have the treats - I just have to count them!
Devin our grandson said to me the other day that we had been forgetting to ask him to the beach. I explained sometimes we have others there, he replied that he didn't mind sleeping on the couch! We haven't got anyone staying this weekend so then I thought I would ask him. Little brother Fynn heard and looked a wee bit sad -so I asked him as well! Now MM and I have two little boys staying and daughter and son-on-law are planning a relaxing weekend and a meal out. We have a lot of fun with them and I know our daughter and son-in-law don't get much time alone so it will good for all of us. The exercise levels increase too keeping up with the pair of them.
2 comments:
LOL @ the boys comments.... and I am sure your daughter and son in law will just love the weekend alone! :)
I love the "now and then" comparisons - it really shows how far you have come!!!
Aren't you and hubby good grandparents taking away your two wee grandson's. You will have such a great time with them and they will remember it forever......only down side, they will want to come EVERYTIME you go now..........LOL
I reckon that because you will have Devin and Fynn that your eating won't be so out of control because you will have them to think about (cooking wise).
Have an awesome time.
Post a Comment