Away again
We've only been home a few days but are heading off again - this weekend we are going to the beach. Rachel our daughter and her family are coming over as well. Just hope the weather comes right especially as the guys are hoping to get some fishing done. I love sea food but typical the only two types I'm not keen on are paua and crays which is what they go fishing for over there!!
Monday we will head back home early as Devin our oldest grandson turns six. His brother Fynn is four a couple of days later. The birthday presents are bought just have to get a couple of cards today. Got to love conversations with kids! Devin was telling me yesterday that it was nearly six years ago that he came out of his mum's tummy - and then he asked how did he get out! LOL I told him to ask his mum, and he thought for a while and then said that her tummy must have just opened up and there he was. If only it was that easy! And then the next bit was that he was glad God made him a boy so he didn't have to have his tummy open up! That's a male for you!!
I haven't weighed in since I got back from holiday, but back on track again and this weekend at the beach will be easier for me as Rachel is trying to lose a bit of holiday weight she gained, she isn't very tall (barely five foot) and is quite petite but being such a shortie a gain of a couple of extra kilos shows and she wants them off!
I've made the decision to find a WW meeting and go back. I help out at meetings once a fortnight but never get to sit in and take on board the help that is there. I feel like it would help me at the moment to sit in so next week will work out which one I can get to.
Made a yummy vege curry last night, Peter wasn't too keen so I found some frozen mince for him. The curry was made from pumpkin, kumera, chickpeas, onion and brocolli and a jar of low fat korma curry sauce. Heaps left over for tonight as well, also Peter decided he quite liked it when he tried it! I tried to think back last night to the last time I ate meat and I can't remember!!! I seem to be going of the taste of it. Used to love a piece of steak but it just doesn't appeal to me at all. Weird!! When we were away I had either fish, chicken or vegetarian options with out even planning too, it's just what I chose.
Back to my course this morning and there will have to be a bit of catch up there as I've missed three classes. Test next week too I think.. Aqua at lunch time and then home to pack (again)
Better go - have a great weekend:)
Maybe we will hear some news from Karen too!!!
4 comments:
I find the less red meat I eat, the less I like it.
Have fun at the beach.
Thanks for your email Anne and of course either Steph or I will txt you SHOULD there be any action from our neck of the woods but wouldn't hold your breath! LOL
LOL @ Devins comments - typical male but oh so sweet :)
That curry you made sounds scrumptious but there is no way Steph would touch it! LOL
Enjoy your weekend at the bach - and YUM YUM to paua and cray!!!!!!! *wipes the drawl from her mouth*
Have a great weekend Anne, might see you over there! I go to W/W's on a saturday morning and love the meeting, our leader Sandra is lovely.
A few years ago I would have said "yuck" at that dinner too, but now I can imagine the flavours and it sounds great.
Enjoy your weekend away!
P.s. your trip away sounded fantastic! We went to a few similar places on our honeymoon and loved it :-)
Post a Comment