Back to weigh in
I took a look at my WW passport thingie and Í haven't weighed in there since last December!! I didn't realise that it had been that long and this is probably the reason I've been floundering about. Having gained a little I had sort of thought I would wait until I was around my lowest weight and then go and weigh in then - but it doesn't work like that, not for me anyway. I need to face up and get stuck in again. Just to fill you in briefly I lost 20 kilos without too much of a struggle - the next 5 took forever - then bang! Nothing!! Then after talking to my doctor, the medication I'm on for high blood pressure can cause weight gain. It is reduced down to a quarter of the dosage but attempts to come completely off it just didn't work. So I struggled away gradually almost admitting defeat and accepting a personal goal of 71 kilos. Always in the back of my mind was that I wanted to get down to around 68 (top WW goal range for me).
Frustration really set in for me after quite a time of exercise, tracking and giving it a really good shot and just not getting results. At times I feel I've been trying too long, it's too hard and it's just not going to happen, which then sets the old mind into thinking what the hell and getting careless. A real vicious circle. Also helping with weighing at WW and I'ld come across people surprised they lost saying things like they had fish and chips or whatever during the week. I get thinking how I just wouldn't get away with that!!
Once I hit the PG of 71 I was faced with Christmas, holidays and now almost one year later I'm still mucking about trying to get back down to it again! I'm around 73 on our home scales which are a couple lighter than WW. So maybe 75ish at WW? I know some of you are probably wondering what I'm worried about - but I'm shortish, I'm shaped like an apple, I've got rolls of fat around my middle I can grab hand fulls off. LOL at aqua the other day a woman asked our instructor how do you lose weight of your boobs, the instuctor replied that this was usually the first place it went from. I had to laugh and told her not from me! I reckon my weight loss started at my ankles, then legs, thighs and is working up my body!!!
So here I am once again knowing I've got some work not only to get to where I'ld like to be but also to lose the few kilos that I would have gained since my last WW weigh in.
Got to say though - even though I'm not one of those super woman that got to goal and maintained forever I sort of feel successful, well I do in that I know I've had made huge changes. I'm enjoying eating healthier, mostly the foods I used to enjoy don't appeal that much anymore. Things like cashews, peanuts and chippies and dips do still tempt me, and yep a piece of battered fish a few chips, but if I do it's just a taste.
I realise when I go back to WW - there are going to be some frustrating weeks, times when the scales won't move or they decide to go in the wrong direction - but at least I'm back there trying.
Can you tell I've done some thinking over the past few weeks??
And by the way have just had two days almost on track (almost as we went to Cobb & Co for Fynn's birthday tonight and I had a couple of Devin's chips - oh and been totally honest, one black jelly bean!) My meal was a grilled Cajun chicken - dressing on the side, no sour cream on the potato. Chicken was pretty fatty though -got to wonder if they do grill them??
Exercise - aqua kick boxing last night, and again today! Thought today was just a normal aqua class but never mind - great work out. Tomorrow off to Pilates!! First time so will be interesting, I know it's not fat burning, but feel with the couple of injuries I've had recently will ease me back into things. One of my daughters wants to go walking at after dinner so want to do that a couple of times a week. So far my calf muscles have been sort of ok at getting back into exercise and I'm making sure I'm doing the stretches. Bit of a pain when your mind wants to do things but the body holds you back.
Last of all I'm quite looking forward to go back to WW. I had quite a few attempts over quite a few years - but found the last attempt (even thought not finished) was successful, and I feel it was because I stayed at the meetings!! I used to think I knew it all and didn't need the meetings, but then found I got so much from them. Not always the content, but the people and sharing tips, hiccups, laughs, support etc - and we do all that here as well!
4 comments:
Congrats on deciding to go back to WW, I also lost 30kilos and then thought I new it all and stopped going and the weight crept back on, once I got back to WW I started losing again.
You definately have the exercise down pat and your eating seems really good so I will be interested to know what other secrets you have learnt once the weight starts coming off (which it will) in the coming weeks.
Good luck!
Anne, of course you are successful! You are a fit and healthy woman who juggles a busy life at home and at work with good cheer, lashings of love and a huge amount of kindness.
BTW loved your bottles and booties comment on my blog.
Ditto to what Sue has already said - you are an amazing woman Anne and never forget that!!!!
And well done for deciding to head back to WW - am sure the last few kilos will disappear in no time at all as you have your exercise under control and make so many healthy choices with your eating.
Take care
Ok I've got a different theory ... maybe you need something different to WeightWatchers ... OMG I cant believe I said that! LOL seriously, I think maybe you need to give your body a shake up with a different kind of eating plan. (um dont ask me what ... I'm trying to figure that one out for myself? but I reckon after such a period of time our body's metabolise to what we are doing to them. You are the epitomy of success, you have proved to yourself that you've committed yourself to your new lifestyle and 9 times out of 10 make the best choice for you and yet we always feel guilty about that 10th of a time we screw up ... silly eh? - Keep your foot on the gas mate.
Post a Comment