Tuesday, October 17

We’re back!

We’re back!


We had such a great time – we covered quite a distance and saw and did heaps. It was all amazing! I was blown away at the scenery. An English woman I met said that it was spectacular and endless beauty which really summed it all up perfectly! I kept a daily summary of what we did and where we went and will write it up properly and put here if anyone is interested

Just a few highlights until I update with the daily notes I took:

The trip to Milford Sound, we caught a ride with the mailman to the Sounds along with another four couples, lots of sights and interesting history along the way. Hard to imagine families lived on this rugged road for years while it was being built. It was raining when we first got on the boat which was just a little disappointing but we saw the waterfalls which were amazing, also the sun broke through on the last part of the trip.

The Shot over jet!! I was always a started for anything like this when younger but as years have gone (and the weight went on) I lost my sense of adventure. It’s back! Our daughter Rachel told us we had to go on the Shotover, my thoughts were – no way! But we happened to go past it on our way to Arrowtown, Peter made a comment about trying it and I thought – why not! So on the way back to Queenstown we called in – paid and before I could think about it we were on board! I loved it!!!! Especially the 360 turns – woohoo! I wanted more of those. What an amazing feeling, the adrenalin was pumping as the mad driver headed towards the rocks, branches in the water and anything he could find but it was brilliant! Wouldn’t have missed it!

Queenstown!! Arrowtown, Lake Tekapo….so many beautiful spots. It’s a different world down there and I’ve finally seen some of it and we will be back for sure!! The food, the restaurants….the people – all such a great experience, (going to hate seeing the bank card bill, but never mind!!)

How did I fare with food – not wonderfully but hey not too bad either! Have decided not even to go near the scales until I’ve been back on track for a week.

What I did well food wise:
Good breakfast of cereal, yoghurt, wheat meal toast every day.
Lunch was normally a toasted sandwich, or Panini type meal,
Dinner – every night was out, but seemed able to make good choices and also really enjoyable ones!

But we did over eat; we commented we didn’t ever seem to get hungry before the next meal was due! I’m not worried as I know it’s behind me now and life is for enjoying!

Will update later on with what we saw and did.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Anne, thanks for your commments. Hope we meet up soon at aqua kickboxing... my husband and I went tonight and really enjoyed it. Sounds like you had a great time on holiday! Cheers, Chris H

Felicity said...

sounds like u have ahd a great holiday sorry we didn't get to catch up

Anonymous said...

welcome back, sounds like you had a fantastic time! :)

Anonymous said...

Hey Anne, glad to hear you had just a good time! Welcome back to reality hehe

Rachel said...

Welcome back!!!

Queenstown, I went there years ago and couldn't get over how beautiful it was and Arrowtown is just another little world.

Glad you had such a lovely break and am looking forward to the daily account.