This is meant to be a weight loss blog.....
First things first and as this is meant to be a weight loss blog - here I go! I weighed in this morning at 73, I thought it would be lot more as I'm feeling bloated, yuk and a bit fat. I just haven't faced the scales, mainly cause I was worried about what damage I had done. Since the holiday away I've only managed a couple of days on track then slipping back into bad habits and nibbling here and there and not tracking, also not really caring either!! I know how easy it would be just to keep on going along this track and also how easy it is just to keep on gaining weight. I've also realised all year that I've been trying to get back onto track - mainly because I know I have to rather than actually wanting to (if that makes sense). I want back those early WW days when nothing at all would stop me! I'm not quite there but have faced up to it that I need to go back to meetings, join in and participate and grab all the help I can get, rather than just being the face behind the scales trying to help others, I need it too! So this week I'm going to find a meeting that suits and be there! All year I've made so many fresh starts but right now I feel I actually want to do it, not because of feeling guilty and just making another half hearted attempt.
Our weekend - the beach house is not the best place to be with two littlies and rain! Saturday was ok and we even sat down on the beach for a while, the kids played in the sand and ventured to the water (too scared to go in though). There were winds predicated Saturday night of up to 170 k's!! (It does get windy there at times). It did blow a little but nothing like predicted. Sunday and Monday - it rained:( So Anne being bored (stupid me forget to take a jacket, so was totally stuck inside) I picked and nibbled, peanuts, crackers, wine at night.... I ventured out at one stage thinking I could beat the rain but didn't even get down the hill before it started.
We raced home yesterday for Devin's birthday. Our oldest grandson is six!! The chubby little baby then toddler is now tall, skinny and very grown up. (still cute though) The party was at McD's along with three friends, two of his cousins, his brother and half brother. Eight little boys!!! Six year old boys think girls are yuk, gerkins in burgers are equally as yukky, lots of giggling but funny to listen to. Now at McD's I actually began to think enough! Enough of slipping rubbish into me, luckily it was early so I sat with a cappucino and then we went and got kebabs on the way home. A bit healthier. I felt a lot better too!
No more weekends away for at least three weeks, the holiday is over and I can see clear times ahead, a chance to get back into daily exercise. I've also committed to a pilates class on Thursday. Two months until Christmas - mini challenge to me to see what I can achieve in this time.
4 comments:
Anne, you sound just like me... so be careful cos I've gained heaps of weight. Get back to a w/w meeting mate.....I know where you are coming from, where has the gung ho self motivation gone? Maybe we been doing it too long, but the sad thing is we have to do it forever or we will just gain it all back, with interest! And I for one am NEVER EVER going to be a size 28 again......NEVER !@#$%^!@#
Holidays do that to you... I totally understand... after my holiday it was hard to get back on track again. But... you can do it hun.
Love Chubbymum
mmmmm know where you are coming from....I gained big time this week, what with stress and medication change I got the hungries big time. Have to dig real deep now and focus....come on Anne...you can do it, I am sure of it!!!
Jen xx
I think we all feel like "getting back to basics" at the moment. Good luck with achieving a great loss by Christmas.
Post a Comment