Body images
Thanks for the comments and yes I do feel like I'm raring to go, catching up with some blogs I'm not the only one either! A new year for us all and a fresh start for many. I went for a walk this morning before it got too hot and upped the pace a bit until I was puffing away. I ended up walking for 30 minutes so really pleased with that, so my 10,000 steps have now been hit for the day. Tonight I will head to the pool, it's a roasting hot day so will be great. (We took the temperature in the office before and it's 30!) Food has been good, don't really feel too hungry in this weather. So much selection this time of the year with fruit and veges, I love it! Water - drinking piles of it, hot coffees have somehow lost their appeal.
For the first time I caught the program on TV last night about the group trying different ways to lose weight. Interesting that all except one envisaged themselves as being bigger than they are. I found the other day that I'm the same, when helping at WW last week, a woman approached the scales and I thought that she was about the same height as me, similar body shape and around the same weight, I looked and thought ''so that's what I would like to others.'' Then she got on the scales and she was almost 20 kilos heavier than me. I had to rethink "well what do I look like?". I was going to mention this in my blog the day after but thought you would think I was mad, obviously I'm not! What are your body images of yourselves?
Off to get my swim gear of the clothes line and head into the pool. Then home for dinner, Salmon, asparagus and salad. Found a recipe where after the salmon is cooked to drizzle with lemon and teriyaki sauce so will try that tonight. I get our fish from a Fishery place in town and the woman put some ice in with the salmon today. Thought that was a really good idea especially in the heat.
Oh yep - the verdict is still out on the gym decision - but deep down I know what I've got to do and from experience once I'm there it's ok and afterwards the feeling is great. Won't be this week though.
Have a good night:)
7 comments:
You are tiny you tart! Myself - I think I'm huge! But I know I'm not as big as I once was.
Ohy gosh, body image is a curly one and I think it has a lot to do with how you are feeling at any one particular moment.
When I am eating well and exercising I feel really good and "normal" but as soon as I start having a few bad days of eating and start bloating, I do think I way bigger than what I am.
When I was 100kgs though, I was in denial and thought I was MUCH smaller than what I was.
Go figure, no matter what your size I reckon we'll all get a little mental about it. Especially when you can't find something to wear for a wedding or something else equally important LOL :-)
There's some profound message in here about not trusting our own body image - but I'm watching the cricket so you'll have to figure it out for yourselves!
Isnt't it great that we are all in such a good space - raring to go and feeling like we can conquer anything. I truly hope you have a fantastic 2007 and that all your dreams come true and that all your goals are achieved.
Take care and look after yourself.
Me
SOme serious soul searching there. Do what your inner heart dictates and then you will be happy.
I too want to get back to the gym - I love it and feel so much better when I'm going but I'm struggling to fit it in as well as walking and the other Zanna won't be happy if I give up the walking. Have tagged you - see my blog - hope you don't mind!
And the salmon sounded yummy!
Would love you to - feel quite proud!
Post a Comment