Friday, January 12

Yesterday was a perfect day **updated**

***UPDATE***
My first official weigh in this morning and the official weight gained over Christmas and holidays is now down to 400 grams. I'm over the moon as that is so close to maintaining which was my aim! Thinking back at my thoughts and how I coped last year, I can see now that once I reached a plateau and couldn't break it and then starting gaining I was thinking along the lines I couldn't lose any more weight, it was too hard. Never going to happen. Negative thoughts but I'm feeling pretty damn positive now that it's not impossible! I can't weigh in for the next three weekends and last year I would have taken this opportunity to muck about knowing I didn't have to weigh in - but I'm going to track and weigh in once a week at home. I'm determined I'm going to start heading back down!

Yesterday - 2 aqua jogging sessions - one in evening in the rain - it was lovely (no I'm not turning into a mermaid!) 8173 steps.

This morning after WW had an hour out in the garden (I think I melted a little in the heat) this afternoon a walk, groceries and housework. Tonight friends for a BBQ. All planned and some point friendly goodies for me.

Yesterday was a perfect day - soaring temperatures and at last seeing some sun out! I shouldn't say it but it was almost a bit too hot. I went for a walk in the morning and by the time I went to aqua at night I had hit over 10,000 steps. Total yesterday was 12073 steps! My pedometer found itself sitting on my bedside cabinet for a couple of days after the holidays. I was thinking once back into routine it's too hard to hit 10,000 steps. Then I thought stop being negative - just try it! So I did and on Wednesday with a bit of effort got up to 8622 and yesterday way over the 10,000.

One thing I want to achieve this year is more exercise. Work has been quiet since we've got back plus because of school holidays I don't have to pick up Devin from school, so I've gone to aqua every day this week and on Monday went to two sessions. That combined with more walking is all heading in the right direction. I keep thinking I should try the gym again - I know lots of you love it but to be truthful even though I feel great afterwards while I'm there I'd rather be anywhere else! Also walking from home is a bit boring, no-one around, nothing much to see, so next week I'm thinking of when I'm have to go into town to go earlier and walk, also maybe get Casey and his stroller and take him for a walk. My daughter will love me I'm sure!

Over the past couple of years when eating veges such as pumpkin and corn (when in season) I've wondered how can these be 'free'? Well they aren't any more! Not really surpised at the change in the WW program. 1.5 points now for a corn cob when I had been having maybe 2-3 a week! Also have pumpkin most nights!! New year and a fresh start - I'm getting back to basics and actually reading the points guide again. I've been doing a bit of guessing for the past year - for instance for some reason I thought 2 apricots were 1/2 point but it's 1. How much else have I been slipping up on?

Food has been good since we've been back, we froze some fish when we were away and had that last night with a lovely colourful salad and baked pototoes. No trouble at all yesterday in drinking countless glasses of water because of the heat!! Tonight we are having Thai takeaways, the plan is to go to aqua at 6pm order the takeaways when the class finishes, pick them up and head home. Off to town shortly to meet a friend for a coffee and then going to aqua at lunch time, will clock up 7 sessions this week! I sound like a lady of leisure but may as well enjoy and make the most of this quiet period we are having and enjoy it!

Busy weekend planned around the garden, much needed as we are going to be away for three weekends after that. Anniversary weekend we are going to the beach, the following weekend is the Mission concert and the third one we've worked out if we take the Monday of work Tuesday is a public holiday - so a four day weekend at the beach.

Have a great weekend, hope the sun comes out again:)

5 comments:

Rachel said...

Thanks for the lovely comment on my blog Anne, how weird that we both started our journey (bar 1 year) on the same day and we have lost the same amount...spooky.

7 sessions of aqua, you must own shares in that pool by now...LOL

Chris H said...

You will be growing a mermaid's tail soon, the rate you are going. I ain't doing aqua anymore, just doing laps. Much better cardio workout. See you tomorrow, morning tea?

Zanna said...

Good for you getting the steps up - I'm trying to do that too. You must be getting either very wrinkly or beautifully hydrated from all that aqua work - the latter I hope!

Sue said...

7 sessions of aqua - hardly sounds like a lady of leisure!
Good on you for taking advantage of the quieter time.

Sue said...

And I am definitely the cook in our house. Mark cooks man-food only - meat and 3 veg.