No power
I'm trying to ignore the goings on with the new subdivision being worked on directly opposite our driveway. Hard some days as there are diggers, bull dozers and trucks working frantically. We are on a narrow road and it's difficult getting in and out of the driveway. The entrance to our driveway has been broken by trucks turning, big wheel marks in the grass (the neighbour assured us this will be fixed up). Yesterday I couldn't find our letter box which is normally directly opposite our drive, they had 'moved' it and it was propped up against a fence. Our dog thinks everyone out there is an 'intruder' and keeps racing down the drive to give them a little bark. The noise is constant - but like I said I'm trying to ignore it - I know it won't be forever. Late yesterday it got a little hard to ignore when the digger driver bought down our power lines! Zap!! Peter said straight away he thought they had bought down the lines. My heart sunk as we had only just got our computer back after repairs. I was hoping it hadn't blown up again (it hadn't). I went down the drive to see what was happening, the lines were draped across the road and over a truck with someone sitting in it. The digger driver just kept on digging, ignoring the situation. I called out to the neighbour and said we had no power, he said he thought digger had bought the lines down. Very observant! But everyone seemed quite unconcerned. Peter came down (ex faultman) up the ladder and made the lines safe, I phoned the power company - and still the digger driver kept on digging.... No power, Peter had tennis last night, so I drove into town and got kebabs for dinner.
Other little bits and pieces:
- Fynn settled into school fine, the teacher said he is a mature little boy and was great.
- Weigh in - I stayed the same, my doing with the weekend, but no loss now for two weeks, time to work on it. I will be filling in my spreadsheet with points this week, drinking water and trying! So very easy to slip back into complacent ways!
- Meeting a friend for lunch, so no aqua today, may go for a walk instead.
- My exercise has never been so slack! Gone from daily aqua to maybe 3-4 sessions a week, that's it, no gym, no yoga/pilates class, no walks - once again time to work on it.
- Sounds like there is more than one digger driver out there today, it's noisy - oh well last day of the week, it will be quiet tomorrow.
Have a great weekend.
LOL I'm sitting here thinking about my grumbly tummy and realised I've forgotten to eat breakfast!!!! No wonder it is grumbly.
5 comments:
Hi Anne. Keep up the good work, don't be so hard on yourself because life does 'intrude' into our great plan sometimes. Only 4 sleeps to go, but am off to Hamilton tomorrow morning - grubby weekend :-). Op is Tuesday, so I will no doubt catch up with you all in a few weeks. Just wanted to say Hi for now. See you soon. M
Grumbly tummys aren't the best...LOL Hope it's quiet now. 'Bugger' about the power.....just as well Peter knew what to do.
Have a great weekend. I plan a lazy one :)
I would be billing the neighbour for your dinner seeing as you had to go buy it! His fault you had no power eh? And how dare they move your letterbox??? I would be hopping mad, AND if they are stuffing up your driveway they should have to fix it immediately!!!! This is just not on mate. Don't be so bloody nice. Hope to see you tomorrow, think we are having.... scones!!!
Sorry to hear things are so unsettled in your neighborhood. Hope you are not inconvienced too much longer. No gain is good. Have a wonderful weekend.
Oh dear, poor you. We're noisy too here - three huge fans drying out our hall walls and ceiling! Such fun.
What beautiful grandchilren you have.
Post a Comment