Life on the farm - and photos for Chris H!
Last night we met up with some English relations of our daughters. Quite an entertaining night as both our son-in-laws got a little merry! They were funny. I've never heard one talk so much, actually I didn't know he could talk that much!! Also the English rellies reckon we talk fast!! They are from northern England and don't use the word 'the' when they talk. E.G. they say "I was cleaning windows" - no "the". "I packed suitcase" so our other daughter told them we talked fast because we used extra words and had to race to fit them in. Then next thing it rained, we all sat there and said OMG it's raining!!! They must have thought we were mad - but we have roasting hot weather, no clouds in sight and I can't remember the last time it rained! Kind of nice hearing rain again.
This morning we had our Saturday morning coffee, lovely and relaxing. Not so good for Janene and Jorja though:-( Poor little Jorja didn't look too well - next thing she proved she wasn't by throwing up over the floor! Apart from that once again it was good to catch up.
Chris H said she thought I would have posted some photos - so here are a few! A week ago today we bought her dog Izzy back to our farm to live. She is settling in well and I know the fact she is busy, has a mate (Toby) and is getting lots of exercise has all probably helped her settle in without fretting. So here she is.... and Toby as well.
Izzy - one week later and still smiling!
Hard to get a photo of this, Peter built another kennel on the left so they have one each with a run in between.
6 comments:
OOOHHH I miss her! But it is lovely to see the photos of her and Toby having so much fun... I bet Toby is loving having her there too... not to mention it will be good for his weight running around after her! Enjoy your dinner!
That is funny when you talk about how your relatives talk because by what you said I am assuming they are from the Yorkshire area, am I right??? Because I am in the North East, A GEORDIE LASS..WOOHOO and we say "the" in our sentences.
Here in the UK we have so many different dialects which is strange considering we are all British.
Us Geordies cannot be understood AT ALL sometimes because we can use slang, which is like a whole different language...teehee infact when any other Brit goes to a different part of Britain it is hard to understand what each other is saying....teehee
We have been getting SOOO much rain here lately with floods last year and this year in parts of the UK. we just get rain all year round. At the mooment we are getting snow, wind, rain, blizzards everything except SUN.
Izzy looks soo happy, I am so pleased!
Hugs x
I have just re-read my comment and it sounded like and insult to a fellow Brit....no way!
When I say that is funny what I mean is because of the different dialects and how each part of the UK talk different to each other.
My OH has a yorkshire lad working with him and when he first came up here (North East) we couldn't understand him and he couldn't understand us, we can all understand each other now, he is a canny lad....canny meaning nice/great - canny, that is geordie slang....teehee
The local shops sell books to decipher Geordie slang....soo funny
CLICK BELOW ON THE LINK TO READ A TAD OF GEORDIE SLAND....it is SOOOO funny but how us Geordies talk....a whole different language
http://journals.aol.co.uk/mikwildone/MIKSMAGAZINE/entries/2004/06/03/geordie-slang/809
Enjoy your relatives being there
Hugs xx
Love the pics....and the new look blog...
You are making me jealous with the aqua classes, just been checking out the times they run them localy and they just do not fit in with me...darn it!!
Awww, I love the pics! It's sooo lovely to see Izzy settling in so well and Toby must be enjoying the company :-D
Enjoy your time with your family. Have a great weekend!
LL x
Love the new blog (revamp)...great!
Izzy and Toby look really happy.
Eight aqua sessions....crikey.
Post a Comment