More photos and a hot phone
Peter emailed some photos of the high seas we saw in the weekend to the Dom. Post - they phoned him back, asked a few questions and then never got back to us. An early morning phone call from my sister to say they published a huge photo in the paper. Funny how they write something but it's not actually what you say. Both our chef son and Peter are quite good photographers. Our son used to take photos for a local sporting paper here, he also was the photograper for one of his sister's weddings and did a really great job. Peter once sent away a photo of one of our dogs and won second prize in a national magazine. Where as me - as long as I can point a camera in the right direction and press a button, I'm quite happy. I'm the person who wonders why the camera won't work and find I have the lens cover on!!
LOL - we've now had quite a few phone calls this morning about the photos, also just had an email from our niece who saw it in the paper. People are requesting copies, including one elderly woman called and asked for a couple to be sent, I explained I could email them but even though she had a computer she wasn't sure how it would work, so I will go and get some copies. Also heard from Jenny who caught it while having her morning coffee. Now just had a text from Chris H to say the photo is on http://www.stuff.co.nz/
***UPDATE***
Still phone calls coming here. The Dom Post have given people our phone number! People are asking if Peter is a photographer! I'm not telling him that - he will get a big head!!
Rest of post below......
Here's a couple more photos. I'm admitting here that I'm not good with on heights. There is a walk at the beach up to the top of a cliff, Peter can't understand why I only go far then have to head for home. He asked what I'm scared of - as I can't fall of! I'm not sure about that, I'm enjoying the walk - then take a look and that's it, I have to head back! There are some things I want to do in my life but walking up here is not one of them! LOL I think I would end up crawling up! Both the photos are overlooking the reef where the waves were going over the day before. Now the lighthouse is high - but in one photo Devin is pointing down to it!!! There is no way I'm going up there!
Back later:-)
2 comments:
I don't think I'd like to be up that high without saftey rails ! How neat that so many people have seen Peter's photos! He did a good job, hope the paper is paying him for them?
wowwwwwwwwwwww absolutely awesome pics !!!!
Post a Comment