So easy to become complacent
Complacent - Contented to a fault; self satisfied and unconcerned:
Over the past couple of year I'm find myself alternating between being on fire - or being complacent. Complacent - that's me now, BUT among the photos we looked at over the weekend, there I was with the dreaded roll around my middle that I HATE! I don't want to be complacent - I want to be slimmer! I'm not really even tracking, in fact I'm not. Yesterday we were working late with one of our sub-contractors re pricing for a new contract. Around 5.00pm I pulled the pin on the aqua class, around 5.30pm out came a beer and chippies, dip and peanuts. I had my share. Then while the guys were talking I was flicking through the photos on the computer and saw me! I asked myself "Anne - what the hell are you doing". OK I'm not gaining, but I'm not trying very hard at all to lose. I feel as long as I'm around 73 k's I'm ok. I'm not!!! I loved it when I hit 70.1 (my lowest) It's only 3 k's - but that 3 k's is all around my middle. I can grap handfulls of it! Yuk!
**sigh** back to tracking, back to water, back to not just aqua but some walks. But I can do it and one bit of advise I often tell myself is that after I get one day underway totally on track, then it seems to flow. Tomorrow hopefully I won't be sighing about it - I'll just be doing it.
It never stops.
8 comments:
You may be Mrs Complacent but I'm Ms Procrastinator. Good on you for giving yourself the talking to you needed.
Fabulous photos too. It must have been amazing watching it all happen.
Tomorrow... you and me.... two dogs.... walking!!!! OK?????? 10 am, be ready!
anne thought I had sent u an invite maybe I have wrong address send me email
Thats it Anne....just have to do it!! Since getting journal out, planning, weighing food, recording....just going back to the basics....my weight is finally moving down again!! 3 kilo's might not seem buch BUT like you I find it very noticable! Tracking is my key...hope its yours.
You are 100% correct, it just never stops. Hope you have a good day back to your committment. All the best.
Sounds like Jen, you and I are all around the same place - must admit I feel much better already - on day 5 and spot on apart from the exercise - have had torrential rain here for the last four days so only managed one walk but figure if I get everything else right then the walk becomes the icing on the cake. And SOOO relate to that lump round the middle - that's exactly where any weight gain goes for me - but maybe that's good as we can't ignore it - if it was your backside you wouldn't see it!!!! Oh and loved your photos - looked awesome. Happy tracking! Love Z xx
I share your pain.
No, by the way, I'd be quite happy not working. I wouldn't sit around all day - I've got so many things I'd like to do but never have time.
I think a big part of it is keeping ourselves around like minded people. It's very easy when we are not being inspired by something/someone to slip into that head in the sand space.
Good on you for being aware of what's happening in your head after all we all know it's 99% head work 1% bodywork.
Post a Comment