Catch up day.
The only trouble with taking a long weekend is that my work has to be caught up somewhere along the line. So a huge day for me today - which in turn meant no start at the gym and no aqua. Grrr!! I know the idea is to plan and make sure we fit in exercise - but it just didn't happen today. We spent the weekend over at the beach, mostly beautiful weather so enjoying the summer while it lasts.
We've had the bach at the beach for over a year now, was a dream for many years and then some sections came up for sale at the right time for us, we bought and a couple of years later we built our bach. We feel so lucky and really do enjoy every minute we have over there. I just walk in the door and instantly any hassles with work are left way behind, can totally turn off which I love. There is a TV but only because we rent the place out when not in use, but when it's just us, it doesn't get turned on. We listen to CD's, read, play scrabble, Cranium, walk, Peter goes fishing. We've got to know the neighbours and it's a friendly little community. Peter went out for paua with the neighbour and some rellies, got a few as well. I'm a huge seafood fan but paua is way down on my list of favourites. Devin our gandson came over with us, last weekend for him as he now has swimming lessons in the weekends. He loves it and spent hours pottering around in the little rock pools while the guys were diving. Has his moments but really fits in with us over there and is no bother at all.
It's so hot - my ankles are a bit swollen. I used to be on direutics but haven't had them for maybe a year or so. Starting to wonder if I'm retaining a bit of fluid and need to visit the doctor. Maybe it's just the heat and the fact I've been tearing around most of the day. Not a biggie - most of the time they used to be a lot worse than this!
Not much else happening. Tomorrow is the planned return to the gym. Will make an appointment while there for an assessment / new program. To be totally honest I'm pushing myself back into going - the theory being that once I get back into it, I'll just do it as in the past and enjoy it and come out feeling great. It's just the thought......
4 comments:
Try green tea to help get rid of the retained fluid. Loving the hot weather!
Bugger, I won't be at the gym tomorrow to see you there, I've got a hair appointment. Just go and get it over with, you never know, you may enjoy it again! That said, some days I hate it too, it can be boring as, particularly if they have the telly on bloody golf!!! That is my only bug bear with our gym, it can be boring, sometimes I'm the only person there! Am thinking about changing gyms later on in the year, not sure yet.
Your bach sounds wonderful, where about's is it?
The gym will be a chore to get to but I'm sure you will enjoy it once there (fingers crossed...hahaha)
Paua is my all time favourite seafood, I love it soaked in milk overnight and then sliced up, rolled in flour and then fried on the BBQ.....divine!
Gees Rachel said more or less exactly what I was planning to say! LOL
Your bach does sound wonderful... its over in the Waiarapa isn't it? And how much do you charge to rent it out?
And Paua is my number one fav seafood too!!! I'm drawling just thinking about it!
Have a good week.
Post a Comment