Jaded, achy - but happy
I woke this morning and could quite eaily stayed in bed. I'm feeling just a little jaded, achy legs... but I guess I've thrown a bit extra into my exercise routine so I suppose my body may be just a little shocked. Not going to stop me though, my bag is packed for the gym. Third visit this week, yesterday I also had a walk, plus my daily session of aqua.
Sometimes I catch yourself doing something and then realising hey here's another change in me! The walk yesterday wasn't planned, my friend (also neighbour) lives up on the next hill from us, not that far away, but puffing material. Our road goes up and down in dips and there are a couple of short but steep sections. When my friend phoned to see if I wanted a coffee, I put on my trainers and headed out of the driveway. Peter pulled up at the same time and I said where I was heading. He asked if I was walking? A bit obvious really. But as I kept walking I thought - I would have never considered this a couple of years ago - I would have jumped in the car! A few years back I would attempt to start walking and that last rise back to our house I would have to stop about five times and be completely breathless. I puffed a bit yesterday but no stopping these days. When I reached home I passed turning in the driveway and kept going in the other direction.
I had to go into the outside garage this morning where I've stored the scales to stop myself checking on my progress (or in this case non progress) I couldn't resist and hopped on. 73 k's a big fat maintain! To be honest, I don't really care that much anymore. I'm sure I'll tone up a bit with the gym routine. Lately I haven't really been tracking. I'm eating well, really healthy choices and most days if I do a mental count I'm hovering around 20 points - some days maybe a couple over. But I'm eating well, a variety of healthy food so I will get it all together. So even though my weight is not budging I don't feel bloated like I did after Christmas and our holidays. In fact apart from feeling a little jaded this morning - I'm happy with what I'm doing.
Heading to the beach sometime over the weekend. Looking forward to it. A couple of walks, a big fat book to get into. We are child minding as as social couple of daughters have a birthday party on this weekend. They have a baby sitter for the younger three and Devin is coming with us. Back to have dinner with friends on Sunday night. I love weekends!
By the way this week I've clocked up:
MONDAY - Gym, aqua jogging, aqua aerobics
TUESDAY - Aqua jogging
WEDNESDAY - Gym, aqua jogging
THURSDAY - Walk, aqua jogging
FRIDAY - yet to do - Gym, aqua jogging
SAT AND SUN - Walks
No comments:
Post a Comment