Thursday, June 21

It's a good place to be!

Last week 73.2
This week 73.0
200 grams down!!!

Not a great lot - but I'm happy!! Not as much exercise and some days over points. I shouldn't expect a loss. Has made me want to really try again as I did in the first week of the challenge. At least the scales are heading back down. I know I can give this a bit more effort. I want another loss next week. Maybe three in a row!?? Yes I can!

Last night I helped out at WW. When I got home I was talking to Peter and mentioned that helping at the meetings was getting hard to fit in my day. He pointed out I don't have to do it, which made me think back to my decision to help as I thought I could never keep on track without contact with WW. But I am! While I'm going to WW, I don't sit in on the meetings, I don't weigh, I'm just there helping. So I said to Peter hey I'm doing this by myself!! This is huge for me as any attempt at weight loss or even maintaining I always told myself that I couldn't do it alone, I had to go to WW meetings to be accountable. I used to tell people how I needed the weekly facing up to a weigh in. I needed the little book to have it all recorded. I used to say I was weak and I just couldn't do it by myself! Looking back over about 20 years of trying to lose weight, going to WW didn't help me until I was ready. I still couldn't have done the initial weight loss without them but I've learnt now I have the strength and the control to do this alone!!!!! Such a great feeling. I have to say here blogging and the comments do all help but even if I stopped blogging I have no doubt in my mind that I wouldn't be able to continue with how I live my life now!! It's a good place to be!

Yesterday I raced down to aqua - late. Jumped in and froze!! A few in the pool already so they had a laugh at the look on my face! There was a problem with the water heating and it was down a few degrees. Made me work hard! Brrrr... We've had the fire going all night! Peter got out of bed during the night and loaded some more wood on. Then this morning I had to leave the lovely cosy house with my cup of coffee in one hand and water bottle (yes going to drink more water this week) in the other and head over to the freezing office. Not as cold as yesterday though.

The Saturday 30th June bloggers get together is getting closer!! Also a couple of non bloggers are joining us, Chris D and Jenny (Jo's mum) and of course we get to meet baby Rachel. Love that name! It is also our daughters! The cafe where we are meeting is lovely (well it was the one time I've been there) and by coincidcence Karen's grandparents and parents owned this property back in the days when it was a grocery store!

Today - my friend has a special birthday tomorrow so we are celebrating a day early. I'm taking her out for lunch. Looking forward to catching up Plan is a walk up the hill to the neighbours this morning, rather steep so it gets me puffing, but at least I can do it without stopping around 5-6 times as I used to. Then I have to turn around a face a worse hill to get back to our place. I don't think I will go to aqua tonight as the pool I go to on Thurs is even colder than yesterday. I'm planning the gym tomorrow. Next week my thoughts are gym and aqua on alternate days - will help me with the time issue, in the meantime as long as I do something each day I'm happy.

6 comments:

**Mellisa** said...

I help out at the meetings too .... I weigh and sometimes I am the leader ..... I think we become so busy that we miss it all and at the moment I am needing that meeting support. I have decided that as from Monday, I am going to another meeting to get additional support .... I get it for free so I can only see it being a benifit to me.
I can't believe you went into any kind of pool yesterday!! You're mad!! lol

Chris H said...

I agree with Mellisa ... you are mad swimming now! Brrrrr. Ya hoo for a loss again! And hey, does Jenny want us to pick her up on the way to Otaki? It can be done!
See you saturday.

Christine said...

Oh yeah on the loss. That's gotta feel just great!

Helena said...

thats over half a kilo in two weeks! nice work!!!!!!!! If you are having problems getting your head around the metabolic thing, email me and I'll see if I can make it clearer LOL (not that I'm the expert) but sometimes they way stuff is written is hard to interpret

Rachel said...

Excellent news on another loss, just goes to show that you can do it on your own......clever girl!

I know what you mean about aqua, our pool is cold but the instructor (who stands on the side of the pool) tells us to harden up but I'm sure it should be warmer as it is a HEATED pool!

See ya next Saturday.....YAY!

Anonymous said...

I know the feeling about WW... I was telling myself I had to do go to WW to keep losing weight, but I could do it by myself. I am still losing (even though it isn't a lot) but I am not going to WW and I am still doing it and still feeling like I am achieving. I have my up and down days but that is all part of it. As long as I have my online support then I will keep achieving I know I will.

It is all about finding a rythm and sticking to it to make you happy and that any loss is a good loss and it isn't a gain... YOU GO GIRL...

Love Chubbymum