Monday, June 4

Light bulb moments and baby steps.

Just a quick update.

Well it doesn't take rocket science for you all to realise I've been half hearted for some time and mucking around a bit. Yet I started off with such will power and strength. A few of us have mentioned ''the light bulb'' moment when there was no holding us back. But recently I'm finding I'm sabotaging myself time and time again. Why? To be honest I haven't a clue. I'm sure I've just started being complacent and cruising along. Deep down I want to stop mucking about and I'm going to! I thought this morning I only myself to answer to and if I could have the will power at the start there is no reason at all why I can't get it back.

So after another not quite so brilliant weekend, I woke this morning and thought - enough!! I can't keep mucking around like I have been because I know where I will end up. Time to be strong!! So I've had a great day. I'm intending tomorrow will be the same. It's up to me to do this and only me! Baby steps, little tiny ones helping me head in the right direction. One day at a time! Yes I know - I've said this all before, but if I was perfect I wouldn't have to be keeping this blog going! I'm not perfect, never will be but I want to be better than I have been. After one day I'm feeling the strength I had at the beginning may not be a thing of the past. I have to work on it, I've come to realise it will never, ever be as easy as it was right at the start. But I've done it before......

Ways to help - in the past I used WW as my main tool, not sure what I will do here. Maybe it is time for me to face up and weigh weekly again and accept the yo-yo weight losses and gains I was experiencing. At least I would be accountable! Track, track, track - I have to do that, I find it easy to forget items of food I've consumed. While I'm still eating healthy and well, I'm not going anywhere unless I know exactly how many points I'm consuming. All pretty basic, but how easy it is just to get a little more careless week by week. Stop picking, well I think that says it all, so easy to do.

Back tomorrow with a proper update. Just had to say how I'm feeling.

5 comments:

jen said...

That is the answer Anne, tracking!!! I found when I don't I lose the plot too...coz we do tend to forget!!

It definetly is not an easy journey, but time and persistence does eventually get us there...

Go girl,
Jen

Chris H said...

I bought a lovely new tracker book on saturday at WW... and it looks ever so lovely on my computer desk... just looking lovely at the moment.... havn't actually touched it yet, maybe tomorrow! Good on you for being motivated to get back on track... good luck! And hey, puppies DO GROW UP... eventually, so go for it! Izzy was just bored silly cos I had neglected for all day! Poor wee girl. But was she naughty or what???!!!

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

I have never tracked.. but think I may because it is starting to get ough and I am getting a little slack again...
But then again i have never followed any special diet cept for my gluten free diet.. so maybe it is time I started getting strict... haha...

Lyn said...

Baby steps is exactly right!! You've done one day, feel proud about that now just do one more. Don't think about the life long journey ... just today!

Chris H said...

30th June should be fine Anne, later...