Thursday, June 14

Yes! A loss!!

I got on the scales this morning having no idea at all what the result would be. A little bit nervous, holding my breath and...... I was really happy to see a 400 gram loss which to me is a huge one!! My week has been good - but always room for improvement, also light on exercise so this result was more than I expected. Can you tell I'm happy!!! Another week ahead and any loss for me would be a great one! I keep thinking - one day at a time!
Last week: 73.6
This week: 73.2!!!
What have I done different. Just a few little changes to how I'm eating. I've swapped some of the ''treat'' type food I used to have such as the processed cereal bars for more fruit including dried fruit such as apricots and prunes. I've cut down on carbs a little. The weekends are always my downfall so last weekend before we went out I had soup and toast for dinner so that I could have supper. Hey you've got to enjoy life and it's also important for me to not feel deprived! I'm still going by the WW guidelines but not strictly on 20 points - some days it's more, some days less depending on how I feel. I'm trying to listen to my body and not eating snacks just out of habit but waiting until I feel I need it. Whatever it seemed to work!

I felt my exercise this week has been slack! But then I feel I can be a bit hard on myself as I'm still doing something each day. No excuses - I still want to get back to doing the amount I was, just time is stopping me. Peter's work load has been frantic and when that happens it means I end up overloaded as well.

Today - hairdressers! Hair is looking a little tired, I thought my appointment wasn't until next week until I checked yesterday and found I'm booked in for today. A touch up on the ummm greyish areas and a few foils, along with a flat white from the cafe next door and the latest magazines. Love a bit of pampering. All going well gym before the appointment.

LOL yesterday Devin found the big photo of me I posted a couple of entries ago and he asked
''who is this Nana"
"It's me'' I said.
''You're tricking!! No it's not - who is it??''
"It is me! I was a bit fatter then"
"But you have got that thing on your leg now!"
Damn I thought he had noticed the difference in my size!!

But then my loss did get noticed in the weekend. Peter took a video of his helicopter ride, we went back to my daughters so he could show the kids. The bit on the ride stopped and there was some old video on the tape of Devin as a baby and me. ''Holy hell Mum - what a difference!!'' Deb said. Got to keep reminding ourselves how far we've come.

10 comments:

Wanna_B_slimmer said...

Well done on the loss...400g is awesome.. what plateau... you have kiked that one out of the water... lets go now girl... My weigh in isnt til tea time at the weighbridge...so I have everything crossed... well almost everything..haha
Always good to compare old photos to new ones etc.. helps with the motivation...
well it sure does with me..

**Mellisa** said...

Another loss!! YAY!! Have a great week!!

Chris H said...

You deserve a loss mate... and I hate seeing myself on old videos, I'm sooo grossssss!!!! Saturday, same place same time.... Churchyard.

Christine said...

Congrats to you! Thats awesome.

Anonymous said...

Wohoooo hun that is a fantastic loss and a loss is a loss is a loss aye... woohoo you!!

Love CM

Rachel said...

Yeeha!!!!!!
Excellent news on your 400g loss, you SO deserve it!

Just a suggestion for next weeks weigh in, don't hold you breath when you get on the scales - blow it all out and you'll be lighter........hahaha I crack myself up.

Enjoy your pampering today.

Lyn said...

LOL aren't kids just the cutest??

Well done on the loss!! Amazing huh what a few small tweakings can do for our weightloss. I guess that goes the other way too that if we think we can get away with a few indescretions that eventually it will catch up with us. Sorry didn't mean for that to sound depressing but certainly food for thought!

Karen said...

Yay for the loss! Can't wait to catch up with you on the 30th!

jen said...

wooohoooooooooo you go girl...plateau over now...all downhill from here !!!

jen xx

Zanna said...

Great stuff on your loss - and I'm thinking that now you've got the 'taste for it' you may find it easier to pare off another few kilos. Understand your unhappiness about the proposed subdivision - your photos are fantastic - what a lovely place to live.
Take care
Z