Wednesday, March 22

Aqua in the rain

Last night we had some much needed rain, I was hoping it would stop around the time of the aqua class – but it didn’t. I went anyway and thought there would only be a couple there, but surprise about fourteen brave people turned up. This sounds stupid but it was lovely!! It was getting dark, just pouring with rain and there was so much steam coming off the pool that at times we could barely see across it and it was just so pleasant getting my exercise in the rain! We had a few laughs during the class about how strange it must have looked if anyone was watching. I love the rain, last night it was lovely hearing the water tanks over flowing and the rain beating down on the roof.

Today my plan is a gym session (a full one – my bag is already packed) and then aqua at lunch time and it looks as if it may rain again!! The calf muscle I tore a few years ago was a bit sore after gym on Monday, too much time on the exercyle maybe, will just have to watch it. The gym on Monday was almost empty, one other woman, one man and me and this was lunch time! I keep looking at my arms lately – I can really see and feel the muscles there! LOL at me - a couple of years ago I would never have dreamt that I would be looking at my body for muscles.

After aqua today I’m meeting Jenny (Jo’s mum) who is in town. Jenny is also going to meet up with us when the Wellington ladies visit! Just heard that Felicity is another one so should be quite a get together!! Also I was pleased to hear that the road trip is re-scheduled back to the original date, great work organising it all Helena & Co!!

Tonight a group of the aqua people are going to a cafe for dinner as one of the instructors is moving and it is a farewell for her. That will be another great get together. Gets me thinking how many more people there are in my life now days:)

Our mystery guests – well it’s still a mystery! We live in a rural area and this couple live just around the road. We have since discovered their phone number is nothing at all like the ones MM phoned so we are sure now he didn’t leave a message on the wrong phone. We are down a long drive so anyone driving past wouldn’t realise we had visitors. They didn’t seem like professional gate crashers! Has quite a few people curious – one day (maybe) we will find out!

We have another weekend planned at the beach; have friends coming over on the Saturday for the night. I had to laugh at five year old Devin who has a school Gala day on Saturday – he told his mother that he was a bit sad he had to go to the Gala as he had planned to go to the beach with us. Didn’t matter that we hadn’t asked him!!

Better go and get moving so I can get everything done before the gym.

Catch you later.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Great to see you looking so good today :) Hope your evening out was great too. :)

Karen said...

Yay for aqua in the rain - haven't done that sort of thing for ages but its so much fun.
Hope you enjoy your dinner out - am sure it will be lots of fun.
LOL at your wee Grandson (Devin) at his comments about not being able to go the beach with you!

Sue said...

I'm glad for the rain too - but for quite a different reason. Our 1st XV trial is today and the wet weather will make it a forwards game - more chance for Jake to show his stuff!

Pam said...

Hello from Scotland,

Just came across your blog today and have been enjoying reading about your doings. Your beach house and the views from it look wonderful! And even your back view is pretty good! I look forward to reading more about your life.