Some weekend photos
Thought I would share some photos of our weekend away
1. This was too steep for me but 5 year old grandson climbed it!


2.Don't mind doing dishes here as we look out to sea!3. Another shot of the hill I didn't climb

4. Looking out to lighthouse at the end of our road

5. Devin and me - view from living area (not a very flattering photo of my rear end!!)
I know I said I wasn't going to weigh myself but on Friday I found a replacement battery for the scales, just had to put it in and jump on. Couldn't quite believe what they said after almost two weeks of tracking, cutting right back on sugar points, eating more fruit, drinking piles of water - I stayed the same!!!! I have been at 70.4 for weeks! I really was expecting some result, even a small one. I shouldn't have got on the scales, but just couldn't resist it. My thoughts were what is the point cutting out the extra things I enjoy like the muesli bars or choc crisp bars and swapping them for fruit, making sure I had plenty of water, tracking etc when I get no result at all!!
Then we went away for the weekend and I slipped up a bit, I don't know if it was because I was fed up or back in holiday mode. Nothing major, just a few grain waves and pretzels and not tracking. Then last night I was totally fed up with everything, if I can't lose weight by trying so hard I'm sure not going to lose any by being careless!! Here I was last week saying I was finding this easy.
Start of new week today. I've decided I have to try either extra exercise and/or 18 points a day. So this week will try extra exercise and attempt a few 18 point days and try to get used to dropping points. I like my food (don't we all) and the idea of 18 points isn't too appealing!
Friday was another busy day for us and MM get home until 5.30, I had packed up everything we needed for our weekend and we were on our way just after 6.00pm. Our little grandson Devin just loves it so much that we ended up with him on board as well. We got to the beach just after 8.00pm. It was blowing hard!! We thought we were in for a rough night as the bach creaked, but once our heads hit the pillow we didn't hear another thing until Devin jumped into bed with us just before 8.00 the next morning. The day was beautiful, no wind at all and nice and sunny. We headed off for our walk which ended up at the shop for a cappuchino for me and MM and an ice-cream for Devin. Devin made us grin a bit on the walk - he's such a typical little boy, collecting bits of driftwood, seaweed and shells and filling up his pockets with all sorts of strange goodies, he was in his own little world playing in the waves and loving every minute. In the afternoon we went to another beach and MM and Devin tried their hand at surf casting, all that sea and not a fish to be found!! At night we invited the neighbours (our niece and family) over for a BBQ, their older daughters amused Devin and even got him doing his homework. Another neighbour to be who was over building came in for a coffee before he headed home. Sunday MM and Devin went for a massive walk - I stayed home as their aim was a huge hill, really steep and although I enjoy walking now I'm not into almost veritical walks! Over the weekend I made a start on Marian Keyes latest book (it was so good that when I woke around 5.00 this morning I went out into the lounge and finished it!) It's called Is Anyone out there. And although really funny it was also heartbreaking and when I finished it this morning I dind't want it to end.
As I said the start of another week - the weather is beautiful and I'm going to the gym at 11.00 then to lunch time aqua and back to aqua tonight at 6.00pm.
Start of new week today. I've decided I have to try either extra exercise and/or 18 points a day. So this week will try extra exercise and attempt a few 18 point days and try to get used to dropping points. I like my food (don't we all) and the idea of 18 points isn't too appealing!
Friday was another busy day for us and MM get home until 5.30, I had packed up everything we needed for our weekend and we were on our way just after 6.00pm. Our little grandson Devin just loves it so much that we ended up with him on board as well. We got to the beach just after 8.00pm. It was blowing hard!! We thought we were in for a rough night as the bach creaked, but once our heads hit the pillow we didn't hear another thing until Devin jumped into bed with us just before 8.00 the next morning. The day was beautiful, no wind at all and nice and sunny. We headed off for our walk which ended up at the shop for a cappuchino for me and MM and an ice-cream for Devin. Devin made us grin a bit on the walk - he's such a typical little boy, collecting bits of driftwood, seaweed and shells and filling up his pockets with all sorts of strange goodies, he was in his own little world playing in the waves and loving every minute. In the afternoon we went to another beach and MM and Devin tried their hand at surf casting, all that sea and not a fish to be found!! At night we invited the neighbours (our niece and family) over for a BBQ, their older daughters amused Devin and even got him doing his homework. Another neighbour to be who was over building came in for a coffee before he headed home. Sunday MM and Devin went for a massive walk - I stayed home as their aim was a huge hill, really steep and although I enjoy walking now I'm not into almost veritical walks! Over the weekend I made a start on Marian Keyes latest book (it was so good that when I woke around 5.00 this morning I went out into the lounge and finished it!) It's called Is Anyone out there. And although really funny it was also heartbreaking and when I finished it this morning I dind't want it to end.
As I said the start of another week - the weather is beautiful and I'm going to the gym at 11.00 then to lunch time aqua and back to aqua tonight at 6.00pm.
6 comments:
I am so envious of your lovely beach home and the spectacular view - you lucky lady you !!! Having said that, I know it isn't luck that you got you this far but lots of hard work and saving of money.
It is so difficult when you try so hard and are not rewarded with a lower number on the scale. Try to stick with it because the numbers will move in time - sometimes we are just too impatient. I know how hard it is to keep on doing what you need to when you don't see the result but you have come so far - don't throw it all in now Anne.
Take care and have a great week !
Me
Lovely photos - know what you mean about these hills. When we were over last month I walked with my friend a few times - I'm fine on the flat - it's all flat round here - but some of those bloody hills in NZ - and D is like a mountain goat - races up them and I'm struggling behind puffing and panting like a steam engine!
Cheers
Zanna
I know just the hill - I'd happily walk up it, but there's no way my knees would cope with coming back down!
Wow sounds like you had a fantastic weekend and that Devin throughly enjoyed himself too!
what backside????? *gets out binoculars*
Gorgeous property and area Anne, you must be absolutely loving all your "mini" holidays!
Oooh I'm dying to read that book! I'm going to ask for it for my birthday, I love her stuff!
Your bach looks amazing! Really flash for a bach huh? :-) What a fantastic view!
Post a Comment