Monday, March 20

Our mystery guests?

Once again I had a couple of small slip ups over the weekend – I had such a good week then comes the weekend and I sort of get the feeling that I ‘deserve’ to forget about tracking. Why, why!! I’m starting to realise that this weekend break out thing I seem to be doing lately is maybe caused by me being close to goal and thinking it’s not so important and a break from almost three years of tracking! I have found I feel better being on track and exercising as to be truthful on Sunday I felt tired, lethargic and bloated – serves me right - too much of a good thing. This week I’m aiming for seven days (not five) in a row on track – which means I have to be accountable to me for what I do this coming weekend. I’m going to get control back of my weekends! What’s the point of me doing so well during the week to slacken over the weekends.

We had a great weekend but once again it went too fast (even with the extra hour thrown in!) Friday night we celebrated St Patrick’s night just with a few friends and neighbours. We also had a couple of ‘mystery guests’ I came outside to find a couple I didn’t know sitting around the BBQ table, they introduced themselves and I was waiting for my husband to say where they were from or something about them. Later on MM called me into the kitchen and asked who the couple were and how did I know them? I replied I didn’t! Just then a friend walked in and I asked her if she knew who they were as we didn’t. The pair of us stood in the kitchen and fell about laughing as it seemed quite funny at that stage, we did find the couple lived about a block away from us – apart from that we couldn’t work out who they were and what they were doing here! They must have enjoyed it as they didn’t leave until after mid-night. The only thing we could think have was as this was all a last minute get together MM phoned a couple of friends Thursday and Friday and left a couple of messages – so could have phoned a wrong number – but then everyone else he phoned was there - we are confused?? To start with we both thought each other had invited them and by the time a couple of hours had passed and we found that wasn’t the case - we sort of didn’t feel we could then ask them who they were! We had plenty of Irish music going and MM bought some Guinness (no I didn’t have any but did have a couple of glasses of wine) The last people left about 1.30am and I was more than ready for bed by then. It was a good night.

Saturday our family came up with the grandsons for lunch and helped eat the left overs. Better them eating them than me! It was a lovely day and the boys enjoyed playing on the farm. Saturday night we had a BBQ to go to at a friend’s house – was a really enjoyable night but another late one. Sunday was a bit of a boring day, we went to the rubbish dump and the Tender Center (told you it was boring!) I should have gone for a walk but felt a bit tired so opted to read a book instead and crashed – so woke up a bit later on feeling even more tired. A real lazy day.

I’ve been going to the gym before lunch time aqua classes and some days have got into the habit of running late which means I don’t get through the whole program before I have to go and get changed for the pool – once again I think this is me sabotaging my own plans sub-consciously – but today it served me right as I realized I forget my togs so had no choice but to do the whole gym work out instead and no pool. So an extra bit of planning this week on top of the seven day tracking plan – is to get ready earlier so I can do the complete gym program as well as aqua. And the gym - I must get onto getting a new program but I'm so impressed with me and how I've increased the weights I'm doing considerably. LOL the aqua instructor and I were talking tonight in the changing rooms and she said she can see the muscle building up in my legs - how many women want bigger legs? I do - as I'm a sort of triangle shape with skinny legs!
This week I’m going to:
Track over the weekend – no days off!
Allow plenty of time to do both a (full) gym work out and aqua.

Palmy Girlie Road trip – Helena has organised the Wellington girls to visit Palmerston North for a trip at the end of April. Will be great to meet up and also to get to meet Jo and Janene!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Re the road groupies.....Hope I get to be invited too ROFL. Guess I'll be the babysitter!!!!!!! Sounds like a good weekend was had by all especially the 'unknown guests'....What a hoot!!!! Good on you for making some goals for the coming week. :) Look forward to seeing you on Wednesday. :)

Kate said...

LMAO re your univited guests!! That's classic!! :-)

Karen said...

LOL at your mystery guests! :) I did have a giggle or two when I read that.
Wooohoo bring on the road trip!!!

Zanna said...

That's just the strangest story - can't imagine it - well done you for making them welcome nevertheless - do you think they came to the wrong party?

Margaret said...

Yaaay for the meet-up. Sounds like you guys are going to have a fantastic time.

LOL at the guests. Luckily you handled it like the star you are.

Good plan for the week Anne. You will be able to see what's going on when you track. I still find it hard to track on weekends and that is where I have the most trouble. I will track this weekend just to make sure I stay on track.

Hope you have a great day :D

Anonymous said...

Yaaay!!!!! Anne, I got invited....LOL What a day it will be!!!!! I am looking forward to it. :)

Sue said...

Mayve they're professional gate-crashers...

Felicity said...

Road trip has an added guest ME I am coming too Will be great oh what a blast we will have.Lots of laughing and chatting.
Anne I wondered if you could do me a wee tini favour.
Freyburg pool aqua classes could you ask them if they are affiliated to the Wellington Freyberg pool and if I was to get a conssession ticket could I use it in both towns. I will go to pool In Palmerston Nth and Wellington and would save me carrying money.
Hope we can have a coffee when I am in town. after the getogether.

Suzy said...

The meet up will be great!

Good luck with your tracking.

How weird to have your mystery visitors! Sounds like a fun night though.